This well is the widest and second largest hand-dug well in Kansas. It is 34 feet in width and 65 feet in depth. The well was dug by hand in 1895. The Seneca Hand Dug Well is listed on the Register of Historic Kansas Places as well as the National Register of Historic Places.
Seneca\'s library is housed in an impressive historic \"old stone church\", built in 1867 by the Unitarian-Universalist Society and was the first church structure to be built in the community. A campaign to raise money for the church was started by Presbyterian minister Charles Parker. In 1931
Located on 4th and Main Street across the street from the Pony Express Monument, the Museum houses memorabilia from the Pony Express era (1860 - 1862), including buggies and a blacksmith shop. On display at the museum is an Olympic torch from the 1996
Seneca plays an important role in our Nation's history. The first home station west of St. Joseph, Missouri (the Eastern starting point of the Pony Express run) was located at Seneca. On the corner of 4