Upcoming Events in Frederick Oklahoma
Frederick's Fantastic Oyster Fry Festival
- One to have fun --- this is an all day event.
In 1990 the Frederick Chamber of Commerce and Industry revived the Manitou Oyster Fry. Frederick, Oklahoma, continues this traditional Oyster Fry on February 25th, 2012 at the Prather Brown Center, located at 211 South 13th Street. Ticket numbering begins at 3 p.m, serving at 4:00 p.m. beginning with ticket number one. The menu includes homemade cole slaw, potato chips, bread, and iced tea, coffee, and, of course, oysters! Some hardy visitors choose to eat their oysters raw, but most would rather have them breaded in Manitou's original recipe and fried to perfection!
Other activities are the Arts & Crafts Show, starting at 11 a.m - 7:00 pm There are two craft show locations: Down the street at the Frist United Methodist Chruch at 12th and Grand, and at the Gray Gish Event Center at 126 N Main St. Admission to the Arts and Crafts show is free and open to the general public. Many visitors come early to do some shopping, antiquing, grab some lunch at a local restaurant, visit Hackberry Flat Wetland, and then tour the Pioneer Heritage Townsite Center. Some even stay overnight after eating their fill of oysters!
Address: Prather Brown Cafeteria, 211 S 13th St. , Frederick, Oklahoma
Hackberry Flat Day
- The Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation and Friends of Hackberry Flat are offering a fun-filled day for the entire family on Saturday, April 21st from 9 am to 3 pm at the Hackberry Flat Center located near Frederick in southwest Oklahoma. Activities on the Hackberry Flat area include a morning birding tour for intermediate and advanced birdwatchers that begins at 8:30 am and goes until noon. Birding tours for beginners and families are offered four times on Saturday: 9:30 am, 11 am, 12:30 pm, and 2 pm. New this year, the first 25 families to sign up for the tour and take the tour will receive one bird field guide/family. To make reservations for a bird tour please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide in your email which of the 4 time slots and the number of people in your group. You may also sign up for a tour when you arrive at Hackberry Flat Center but please note that each tour is limited to 20 people. A waiting list will be maintained.
CLICK ON LINK BELOW FOR MORE INFO:
Address: From Frederick, go south of town one mile on Highway 183, then turn east on Airport Road and go three miles. Watch for signs. , Frederick, Oklahoma
Frederick’s City Wide Garage Sale
- Frederick’s City Wide garage sale will be on Saturday June 2nd! The usual yard sale fee will be waived for sales held on Saturday. Register your sale by calling the Chamber Office at 580-335-2126. Lists of sales will be posted on the chamber website and outside the Chamber office.
This is in conjunction with The Red River Valley Tourism Association’s (RRVTA) US Hwy 82/287 Yard Sale! This is an event that happens North Texas and Southern Oklahomaon June 1st and 2nd, there will be yard sales, garage sales, sidewalk sales, farmers markets and flea markets all along 425 miles of the Highway 82 and Highway 287 corridors and beyond! For more information visit www.redrivervalley.info.
WWII Airborne Demostration Team Open Hanger Day and Fly In
- WWII Living History Displays, Military vehicle and aircraft Displays, Airborne Jump Demonstration. 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Airborne Demonstration Team Jump School July 21-28; and Open Hanger Day and Fly-In July 28th 2012.
|30 - 1||Tillman County Free Fair - Attractions will include all the traditional fair offerings plus the Farmhand Olympics, tractor driving contest, a stick horse derby, diaper derby, frog and turtle races, best dressed pet contest, and pie eating contest.|
Arts and Action
- THIRD SATURDAY - This annual fall celebration includes original arts & crafts, vintage and special interest cars, bikes, pickups and motorcycles, bargain book sale, tractor exhibit, antique machinery demonstrations, food booths, continuous entertainment and a classic car cruise.
Address: Courthouse & Pioneer Townsite Center , Frederick, Oklahoma
Annual Quilter's Day Quilt Show
- This one-day event will be hosted in the Barn, Church, & School buildings at the Pioneer Townsite, on the west side of the Tillman County Courthouse, in downtown Frederick from 9am until 3pm. It will be free of charge for both exhibitors and observers.
Exhibitors should plan to stay with their quilt item while it is on display, or have a designated attendant to represent them. This is a social event solely for the purpose of allowing quilters to interact in a pleasant setting. There will be no judging of items, no awards, and no commercial sales of quilting or sewing items at the event. Beginning at 9am, bring in your quilt, quilt top, quilt block, or quilt panel for display, and receive a free* Fat Quarter (* limited to the first 40 exhibitors). Meet and visit with other Quilters from the surrounding area, see how quilts are made, and enjoy the day viewing & talking quilts until 3pm. Everyone is invited to attend. Other Pioneer Townsite historical buildings will also be open. The event is being sponsored by ThayerRags Fabric Center of Frederick.
- A community tradition, enjoy beautiful floats and displays from community groups and organizations. Watch Santa as he makes his entrance on the fire truck at the end of the parade! 6pm.
Address: Downtown , Frederick, Oklahoma
1920s Lantern Tour
- Thirty minute walking tour, by lantern and oil lamp, of a 1920s rural community. Includes special music, refreshments and entertainment. 6pm.
Address: Pioneer Heritage Townsite Center , Frederick, Oklahoma