In 1901, the History and Literature Club, which had been organized in 1891, wrote a letter to Andrew Carnegie requesting his help in creating a public library in Horton. This encouraged Federated Women's Clubs to get a tax levy for establishing a library and in 1938 with a partial grant from the WPA the new library was completed.
The library several books, photos and even a video on the history of Horton.
Address: First Avenue East and 8th Street
Come visit us in Horton, Kansas