Take yourself back in Fremont's history with a self-guided tour of the Downtown District. The Fremont Historic Commercial District consists of an enclave of late nineteenth and early twentieth-century buildings that represent Fremont'
The original building was constructed in 1884 by Charles Osterman and George Tremaine, wholesale produce
dealers in Fremont. The Ideal Steam Laundry, Johnson and Company, proprietors, moved into the building in
1894 and doubled the size of the structure in 1911
The large two-story frame house, located in Fremont, exemplifies a transitional product of Queen Anne and
Neo-Classical Revival styles. Businessman R. B. Schneider, founder of the Nye, Schneider, Fowler Company,
grain dealers, built the house in 1887