The bronze statue on the courthouse lawn was unveiled in September 1978 and dedicated at the July 4, 1979 celebration of Garden City's Centennial. Highlights of Jones' life are inscribed on the base o... C.J. "Buffalo" Jones Statue
The first courthouse in Finney County was built in October, 1885, at this location. The county soon outgrew the small building and in 1902 was moved to a larger building at 113 South Main Street until the present courthouse was built in 1929.
This four story hotel was sometimes referred to as the "Waldorf of the Prairies". In 1887, John A. Stevens built the hotel next to the Opera House (the Opera House no longer exists). it was built of native stone and brick kilned locally. It contained 125 rooms, no closets and few bathrooms.