Four barns still remain that were part of the U.S. Indian Industrial School (1844-1934) in Genoa, Nebraska. The school was self sufficient raising their own beef and dairy cattle and maintaining ga... Genoa Indian School Barns
The Mormon Trail through Nebraska was not a narrow pathway in the same sense as a road. It was a corridor which might be a few dozen yards wide to several miles in width depending on the terrain. The oxen dictated the pioneers'
St. Rose of Lima church is of Gothic architecture, its arches pointing heavenward like hands pressed together in prayer. Built in 1951, this building is the new St. Rose, an imposing stone structure that replaces the frame church made inadequate by the rapid growth of St. Rose of Lima parish.
This scene shows the Pawnee Indian Village which was located one mile south of Genoa, Nebraska from 1858 to 1878, with their great Chief Petalesharo in the foreground. It is a picture of a large mural, 9' x 38'