Upcoming Events in Grinnell Iowa
Grinnell Farmers Market
- GRINNELL FARMERS MARKET has Iowa Grown Produce, Baked Goods, Crafts and More.
May through October
Saturday 10 am -Noon
Thursday 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm
|Thursday Concerts in the Park - Live music by local and regional musicians.|
|13||Kites Over Grinnell - Kites Over Grinnell: Kite flying, Professional Kite Flying demonstrations, Mega Kites, Kite Competition, and Night Flight.|
Grinnell Games 10K Twilight Trail Run
- Admire the sun setting over the water as you loop around the lake at Rock Creek State Park. Enjoy approximately 6 miles (10K) of beauty and adventure as you follow the trail around the lake. Park near the finish line, then hop on a pontoon and be chauffeured across a small stretch of the lake to the starting line. Celebrate your finish with a bonfire and party on the lake’s beach! Feel free to bring your own refreshments.
Address: Rock Creek State Park , Grinnell, Iowa
|9 - 11||Grinnell Games - Iowa's Family Sports Festival - Grinnell Games is Iowa’s Family Sports Festival! Bring the whole family for a weekend of fun in one of the coolest small towns in the Midwest. Enjoy the scenery and sunset during the 10K Twilight Trail Run, run through the beautiful neighborhoods of Grinnell in the Half Marathon and 5K Run, or conquer the obstacles in the mud-filled Warrior Run. Get the family involved with a team in the Amazing Chase scavenger hunt or test your speed in the Twilight Bike Criterium, which loops through legendary downtown.|
Vintage Car Show and Swap Meet
- All makes and models of antiques, classics, trucks and street rods.
Ph: 641-236-4028 (Always call and confirm events)
Grinnell Games Half Marathon & 5K
- Enjoy a "jewel" of a course touring the best of beautiful Grinnell, Iowa. The course is relatively flat and fast with a few rolling hills - looping through the historic downtown, around Grinnell College, through the Paul W. Ahrens Park, along the countryside and down Main Street where old Victorians and trees line the road. It's great for spectators too! Bring your family and have them cheer you along at multiple points on the course.
Address: Downtown Grinnell, IA , Grinnell, Iowa
Fourth of July Celebration
- Celebrate the Fourth of July in Grinnell with a huge parade at 5 p.m. followed by fireworks at Ahrens Park at dusk. The celebration has a block party on Saturday downtown. Email to enter a float in the parade.
|12 - 17||Poweshiek County Fair - Talent show, livestock judging and entertainment.|
|15||Ridiculous Day - Main Street Gets Ridiculous with crazy retail sidewalk sales, live music, beer, wine, food, and a Kids' Zone. 7am to 2pm.|
Happy Days Vintage Car Show
- Classic car show and cruise, 5K and 10K run, arts and crafts, food, entertainment, used book sale, family bike ride, carnival.
Ph: 641-236-8065 (Always call and confirm events)
|11 - 25||
Carroll's Pumpkin Farm
- Farm fun at the pumpkin patch: games, pick-your-own pumpkins, entertainment, food and crafts. 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Daily, Sunday 1:00 pm-7:00pm.
Address: 244 400th Ave. , Grinnell, Iowa
|17||Jingle Bell Holiday - Carolers, carriage rides, live Nativity scenes, entertainment, Santa portraits, soup supper, open houses at area businesses.|