Upcoming Events in Guthrie Oklahoma
|11 - 12||Bullnanza - A Tribute to Freckles Brown and Lane Frost - The original bull riding event with the best bull riders in the world competing for $100,000. Come see why Bullnanza and the Lazy E are the best in the business. 7:30pm.|
Guthrie Art Walk
- A progressive celebration of the fine arts, focusing on individual artists who are guests of participating galleries and businesses. New works by guest artists are shown during a leisurely Saturday evening walkabout. 5-9pm. GUTHRIE ARTWALK is held twice a year on:
Second Saturday in April &
Second Saturday in November
|10 - 14||
- This spectacular festival is held in April of each year to commemorate the Land Run of 1889 and the birth of Guthrie. Features a territorial Baseball Game, Arts & Crafts, a
Carnival for the kids and one of the largest parades in the state, and includes rodeo events. Always during the week of April 22!
Address: Downtown , Guthrie, Oklahoma
|12 - 13||
89er Days PRCA Rodeo
- Come celebrate this historic event, the Land Run of 1889. Bring the family for good western family entertainment: Oklahoma rodeo. Top cowboys and cowgirls in the PRCA will compete for championship titles. Held in conjunction with Guthrie's 89er Days celebration. 7:30pm.
Ph: 405-282-2589 (Always call and confirm events)
|19 - 20||Lazy E Ranch Rodeo Championship - Working cowboys from 12 of Oklahoma's largest and most historic ranches will compete for bragging rights and bruises in six unforgettable events. It's a ranch rodeo like you've never seen before. 7:30pm. Handicap Accessible.|
|10 - 12||Guthrie Jazz Banjo Festival - Come and enjoy the top tapping music of jazz banjo bands from all over the United States, including Dixieland Jazz, 20s & 30s Swing, and selections from the Gay 90s throughout venues in downtown Guthrie. 10am-9pm. Handicap Accessible.|
|3 - 7||Apples & Quilts Festival - Guthrie's autumn festival celebrates the artistry of America 's homemakers and the quilts that reflect their heritage and traditions. The fabrics of our lives, lovingly stitched to decorate a bed, cover a child, or celebrate a marriage will be on display throughout Guthrie's Historic District. The autumn air will be filled with the sweet aroma of apple cider to help usher in the fall.|
First Capital Quilters Guild Show & Sale
- The members of First Capital Quilters Guild of Guthrie will have a Quilt Show & Sale during the Guthrie Apples & Quilt Festival in downtown Guthrie. The Quilt Show & Sale will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. There will be door prizes, many beautiful quilts on display, demonstrations by guild members, lots of quilted items for sale and a bake sale featuring recipes with apples. Also a display featuring donation quilts for children with cancer (Children's Hospital in Oklahoma City), quilts for wounded servicemen and women, items made by guild members for local nursing homes and DHS children.
Address: American Legion Building 123 N. First , Guthrie, Oklahoma
|13 - 15||
Oklahoma Wildlife Expo
- Come discover new and exciting ways to enjoy your outdoor Oklahoma at the state's largest indoor and outdoor recreation event. It's an outdoor experience where visitors fish, shoot, kayak, rock climb, mountain bike, see and touch wildlife, learn about recreation in the great outdoors. And it's FREE!
From camping and outdoor skills to shooting sports and fishing, from bird watching to kayaking, Expo visitors have an opportunity to try their hands at two full days of fun in the outdoors. Presented by the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation and a coalition of conservation organizations, agencies and sponsors, Expo celebrates our great state's natural diversity and opportunities for the sporting enthusiast.
- Outdoor Arts and Crafts
- Wild Skills and Thrills
- Kid's Corner
- On Target
- Fish and Wildlife Management
- The Wild Backyard
- Learn more, see more, do more with the help of participating partners - Special "Hands-On"
- Hunter Education Course
- Special Attractions and Giveaways
- You could win a Lifetime Combination License by pre-registering for the Expo -
Friday 12 - 6 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Address: Lazy E Arena, 9600 Lazy E Drive off I-35 , Guthrie, Oklahoma
|19 - 21||Oklahoma's International Bluegrass Festival - Guthrie proudly welcomes it's largest annual three day festival featuring top international bluegrass bands & musicians, children & family tent, music workshops, RV camping, food booths, music vendors, and the Bluegrass Celebrity Golf Tournament. First weekend in October.|
|25 - 26||
Clem McSpadden National Finals Steer Roping
- The World Championship of Steer Roping is headed back to the Lazy E Arena in Guthrie, Oklahoma where the top steer roping athletes will compete for the World Title at the 52nd Annual Clem McSpadden National Finals Steer Roping (NFSR) presented by National Saddlery.
The NFSR will feature the top 15 steer ropers in the world who have qualified after competing all season at steer roping events across the country. Some of the stars anticipated to qualify for this years NFSR include the Defending World Champion and Current PRCA Steer Roping Standings Leader Rocky Patterson of Pratt, Kansas; the "King of Rodeo" - 11-time PRCA World Champion Trevor Brazile; 2-time PRCA World Champion Scott Snedecor; and the 2009 NFSR Average Champion Bryce Davis of Abilene, Texas.
As in years past and just like the National Finals Rodeo (NFR), the event will consist of a total of ten (10) full go-rounds to determine the PRCA World Champion and the final 2010 PRCA Steer Roping World Standings.
|26 - 2||
- Annual student re-enactment of the inauguration of Oklahoma's first governor, Charles N. Haskell, and the symbolic wedding of Miss Indian Territory and Mr. Oklahoma Territory. 10am-2pm. Handicap Accessible.
Address: Historic Carnegie Library , Guthrie, Oklahoma
Guthrie Art Walk
- A progressive Celebration of the Fine Arts is held two times yearly. It focuses on individual artists who are the guests of individual businesses and galleries. Fine food, fun & Fine art are featured as the theme of this event. GUTHRIE ARTWALK is held twice a year on:
Second Saturday in April &
Second Saturday in November
|16 - 19||Victorian Christmas Tree Exhibit - More than 30 Christmas trees are decorated in Victorian style, with many handmade items. Tue-Sat 9am-5pm. Handicap Accessible. Through December.|
|20 - 13||
Territorial Christmas Celebration
- Take a step back in time and celebrate Christmas in grand Territorial style. Opening night offers a lighted parade and presentation of the new territorial governor. Throughout the season, enjoy performances of "A Territorial Christmas Carol" and seasonal favorites at the Double Stop Music Hall and the Swan Music Hall. The annual Christmas Tree auction promises to provide spectacular decor for your home, and the Victorian Walk is held on two Saturdays featuring live window displays in the historic district depicting life in the 19th century. Candlelight trolley tours and wassail nights also planned.
From the weekend after Thanksgiving, until Christmas.
|20||Victorian Christmas Tree Exhibit - More than 30 Christmas trees are decorated in Victorian style, with many handmade items. Tue-Sat 9am-5pm. Handicap Accessible.|
|22 - 7||
- Museum staff and volunteers in period clothing will serve hot, non-alcoholic wassail to visitors, every Fri-Sat evening as part of the city's Territorial Christmas Celebration. Victorian Christmas tree exhibit also on display at the museum. 5:30-8:30pm. Handicap Accessible.
Address: State Capital Publishing Museum , Guthrie, Oklahoma
Deck the Halls Arts & Crafts Show
- Scratch a few names off your Christmas gift list by making your way to Deck the Halls Arts & Craft Show in Guthrie, OK. This event will feature over 40 booths of handmade crafts, unique gifts, jewelry, and commercial vendors so get in the holiday spirit and complete your Christmas shopping before the season is over. The Amish will also be there with their wonderful handmade food items. Don't forget to grab a delicious onion burger, chips, & drinks from the Holly Berry CafÃ©.
Address: Logan County Fairgrounds 1201 S Division Street, Guthrie,Ok 73044 , Guthrie, Oklahoma