In 1942, Hangar 25 was constructed to support training of World War II bombardiers at the Big Spring Army Air Corps Bombardier School. More than 6,000 cadets trained here before the base closed in 1945. The base reopened in 1955 as Webb AFB until it closed in 1977. The restored hangar features airplanes, exhibits and artifacts reflecting the bombardier school, a B-52 bomber nose, an A-10 hands-on training simulator, and model airplane collection. Various aircraft also featured. Museum also has rotating exhibits throughout the year and a gift shop.