LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Harris Building


category : Historic Buildings
Harris Building Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Originally build as a bank, until recently it housed the offices of the Harris's playground equipment company. It has recently been purchased by Dr. Wentz who is in the process of preserving this beautiful building.


Come visit us in Concordia, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Harris Building

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Originally build as a bank, until recently it housed the offices of the Harris's playground equipment company. It has recently been purchased by Dr. Wentz who is in the process of preserving this beautiful building.

Concordia, KS Historic Buildings

Frank Carlson Memorial Library

The library contains the Frank Carlson Room that exhitits memorabilia from Carlson's experiences as a legislator, congressman, governor, and U.S. Senator.

Concordia, KS Memorials

The Brown Grand Theater

The historic Brown Grand Theatre is located at the west end of downtown Concordia. Listed on the National Historic Register, the French Renaissance theater was built by Col. Napoleon Bonaparte Brown in 1906-07. The 650

Concordia, KS Historic Theatres

Camp Concordia

From 1943 to 1945 during WWII over 4,000 Germans were held in an internment camp where they experienced a type of freedom they had never known at home. Located on 157.5 acres, Camp Concordia consisted of 308 buildings. Today, a guard tower, guard post building, water tower base and building T-9

Concordia, KS Military History

Nazareth Motherhouse

Known as the beacon light of Concordia, the well-known rose window looks over the community from the convent. It is the official Motherhouse and Home for the 260 Sisters of St. Joseph of Concordia. It was built in 1903 and is listed in the National Register of Historic Sites

Concordia, KS Historic Churches

Things to do Historic Buildings near Concordia, KS

"Opera House"

The old "Opera House" building was built in 1881. The second level of the building was used as a theater for commercial plays...