The famous and infamous walked the streets of Old Hays City during the 1860's to 1880's including Wild Bill Hickok, Buffalo Bill Cody and General George Armstrong Custer. Twenty five bronze plaques mark the route and explain the historical significance of each site. Begin the tour near 13
Fort Hays State University opened in 1902 as the Western Branch of the Kansas Normal School. For the first two years classes were held at the Fort site. In 1904 the first stone building, Picken Hall, was completed on the "flats"
The Hays City Sportsman's Club provides trap, skeet, rifle and pistol ranges to members and guests with shooting clinics and registered events are held throughout the year. In 2006 the club celebrated their 30