LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Historical Murals


category : Arts
Historical Murals Five murals are displayed on the north wall of the Pioneer Museum. The acrylic paintings were done by artist and sculptor, Fred Olds, of Guthrie, Oklahoma. They are gifts of Col. and Mrs. John Embry, and depict area history.

1. Arrival Indians;
2. Cattle trails, first settlements;
3. Religion;
4. The Run;
5. Early settlement scenes


Address: 717 Manvel
Phone: 405-258-2425

Come visit us in Chandler, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Museum of Pioneer History

The oldest commercial buildings in Lincoln County, these Sandstone "twin" buildings were built by pioneer merchant A.E. Mascho in 1897 and 1898. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places

Chandler, OK Museums

First Presbyterian Church

National Register of Historic Places Built in 1894 of lumber hauled by wagons from Guthrie, Oklahoma, this structure was one of few, if any public buildings left intact after the tragic cyclone of 1897

Chandler, OK Historic Churches

Clapp-Cunningham Building

National Register of Historic Places The building was building 1899 by L. W. Clapp, Wichita, Kansas financier and mayor. The architecture is termed "Richardson-Romanesque"

Chandler, OK Historic Buildings

Chandler Lake

Chandler Lake is the smaller of the two lakes in Chandler.

The lake offers excellent fishing while being adjacent to the Chandler Municipal Golf Course. There is plenty of parking and it does provide aboat ramp.

FEE SCHEDULE

Chandler, OK Recreation

Kee-Tilghman-Erwin House

National Register of Historic Places Built in 1898 by O.B. Kee, this mansard-roofed home was purchased in 1901 by famed Deputy U.S. Marshal, William Mathew "Bill" Tilghman, Lincoln County homesteader, sheriff, state senator, and one of the territorial lawmen known as the "Three Guardsmen."

Chandler, OK Historic Homes

Things to do Arts near Chandler, OK