The cornerstone for the present church was laid August 4, 1915 and the structure was dedicated May 15, 1916 by the Most Reverend Bishop Ward of Leavenworth in the presence of 25 priests, Abbot Innocent Wolf, O.S.B. of Atchison and a vast congregation.
The Sanctuary of St. Leo'
The First Baptist Church is located at 1101 Central Avenue and was charted November 16, 1887, with eleven members. The present church was built in 1915 after the congregation united with the Free Will Baptist Church. In 1946
The original "Newman" Methodist Episcopal Church was dedicated January 6, 1889, honoring Bishop Newman. The brick structure located at the corner of 10th and First Avenue East was the first Church built in Horton. A severe storm damaged the church in 1894. Extensive remodeling was done in 1914-15
Keeping Our Roots Alive by Passing on the Old Pioneer Skills
Visiting Werner Wagon Works, located on the east side of beautiful Mission Lake, you'll be welcomed to "a piece of the past." Tour the working 1800'