This museum in the restored Santa Fe Depot traces the history of Atchison County. Exhibits highlight Atchison's transition from a bend in the Missouri River to a busy commercial center for steamboats, westward-bound wagon trains and the railroads.
St. Patrick's is the oldest Catholic structure in continous use in Kansas by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Kansas City.
In the spring of 1857, St. Patrick's was established by Rev. Augustine Wirth, O.S.B. The first church was erected in the fall of 1859
This Richardsonian Romanesque structure of cottonwood limestone was completed in 1894, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It features an arched entry and rounded towers on its southeast and southwest corners.