The Veteran's Memorial Monument is located on the southeast side of the courthouse lawn, and is a tribute to Richardson County men who were killed in World War II, the Korean Conflict, and the Vietnam War.
Stanton Lake Park is a beautiful lake site for picnics, day activities, or camping.
The camping area has trailer hookups for water, electricity, and sewer. The park also has showers, a dumping station, lake fishing, picnic shelter areas, playground equipment, and sand volleyball courts.
The Richardson County Courthouse, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was completed in 1925 to replace a wooden courthouse which was destroyed by fire. The then county commissioners commissioned architect W.F. Gernandt to build a fire proof structure for $200,000