LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Calvert, Texas

"Victorian" describes Calvert for the many business buildings and residences that have historical medallions. Calvert was named for Robert Calvert, a descendant of Lord Baltimore, a plantation owner who donated the town site. In 1871, Calvert had the largest cotton gin in the world. Much of the city is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The quaint downtown features a number of antique stores. Bed and breakfast accommodations are available in some of the historic buildings.

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Episcopal Church of the Epiphany

The Episcopal Church of the Epiphany was built in 1869

Calvert, TX Historic Churches

Katy Hamman Stricker Library

Built in 1909 by the American Women's League (AWL), the building was the first AWL Chapter House in Texas and one of the first four built in the country. The design incorporates progressive turn-of-the-century "Prairie School"

Calvert, TX Museums

Historic Homes Tour

A self-guided driving tour through the National Historic District describes the history and architectural features of each historic home. The Historic District within Calvert encompasses 37 complete and 9

Calvert, TX Tours

Hammond House

The Hammond House was originally built in 1876 to be a courthouse and jail. In 1870

Calvert, TX Historic Homes

Annie's Doll House Museum

Annie's Doll House Museum displays a fine collection of antique dolls and toys. Tours welcome with appointment;

Calvert, TX Museums

Things to do near Calvert, TX

City in Miniature

John Johnson has created a model of Cameron that recalls the town as it looked during the 1940s. For more than 25 years, Mr. ...

Lost Pines Golf Course

Course Access: Semi-PrivateHoles: 18Reserve Advance Tee Times: 7 days...

Colo Vista Country Club

Course Access: Semi-PrivateHoles: 18Reserve Advance Tee Times: 3 days...