"Kingfisher's indoor swimming facility..." is FUN! FUN! FUN! all year round and offers swimming and aerobic programs. What could be more fun than renting The Vernie Snow Aquatic Center for events such as birthday parties, receptions or other private events.
A more ordinary settler family was that of Samuel and Dorothy Cole. They built this cabin southeast of Hennessey in 1890. It was built of oak logs cut on the farm and hauled to the building site in a wagon drawn by a yoke of oxen.
This building was constructed in 1900 by the Anheuser Busch Brewing Association of St. Louis, Missouri.
In 1922, the building was restored similar to its original appearance by Pioneer Telephone Cooperative, Inc.
This sculpture on Main Street is on display for all to admire and to reflect on the history and contributions of those who gave of themselves for the growth of our cities and our country.
"The Farmer - He Feeds the World" - Sculptor, Tasso Pitsiri
Located above the sculpture is "
D.F. Doak and his brother, Walter, opened the Bank of Kingfisher in a tent on April 22, 1889 - the day of the land run. It stood on the corner of Main and Admire near the center of Kingfisher.
Almost immediately, the Doaks built a 20' by 32'