D.F. Doak and his brother, Walter, opened the Bank of Kingfisher in a tent on April 22, 1889 - the day of the land run. It stood on the corner of Main and Admire near the center of Kingfisher.
Almost immediately, the Doaks built a 20' by 32'
This was the United States Land Office site for filing claims at the opening of "Old Oklahoma," April 22, 1889, and also at the opening of the Cheyenne and Arapaho lands on April 19, 1892. J.C. Roberts was the first Register, and J.V. Admire, the first Receiver.