Kingsville is located in the Wild Horse Desert, just west of the Gulf of Mexico, and is the birthplace of the American ranching industry. The city was established on the Fourth of July 1904 as the first St. Louis, Brownsville, and Mexico Railroad pulled through town. Land was donated by Mrs. Henrietta King of the famous King Ranch. Kingsville became the Kleberg County seat in 1913.
Today, Kingsville is a birding and wildlife hotspot, with more than one million acres of habitat. Kingsville is home to the King Ranch, Naval Air Station Kingsville, Texas A&M-Kingsville, and the agricultural and ranching industries.
Visitors find an array of boutiques and antique shops downtown in historic buildings featuring handmade crafts, home-baked goods, western wear, leather goods, crafts, jewelry, gift shops, and much more!