Upcoming Events in Larned Kansas
|7 - 9||
Annual Antique & Collectibles Show & Sale Offers Appraisals
- Wanting to know the value of the heirloom or antique you have collected over the years? Then come to the Annual Larned Antique & Collectibles Show and Sale Sunday from 1-3 PM. Bill Starr with Starr Antiques will be appraising at the show. You receive 2 free appraisals with your paid entry to the show.
Fifteen exhibitors from a three state region will be exhibiting and selling at this year's show.
This year's show will feature Victorian art glass, perfumes, sterling silver, hand stitched quilts, old prints, match safes, pocket knives, vintage costume jewelry, sewing items, collector quality buttons, Persian Rugs, antique copper and brass, pottery, ivory, hunting and fishing collectables, linens, textiles, primitives, western collectibles, spurs, horse bits, saddles, bridles, dolls, toys, militaria, historic books, military medals, uniforms, stamps, comics, coins, toys, antique jewelry, stones and polished rocks, gold karat jewelry, Victorian era furniture, and American country items.
In the great tradition of the Antique Show and Sale, food concessions will be provided by Faye Grandy of Sweet Traditions along with homemade pies.
The Antique Show's hours are Friday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Annual Larned Area Chamber/PCEDC Banquet
- 6:00 PM social hour ? 7:00 PM Dinner. Program by "The Amazing Quillsack."
Address: Harvest Inn, 718 Fort Larned Ave. , Larned, Kansas
Old Guard Annual Meeting
- Everyone is invited to a historic program presented by the Fort Larned Old Guard at Fort Larned National Historic Site and the site of the Cheyenne and Sioux Village in Ness County that was captured and burned by the army in 1867.
At 1:00 p.m., at Fort Larned NHS, three speakers will look at the 1867 expedition of General W. S. Hancock and the Cheyenne and Sioux reactions to the burning of their village. Military historian Leo E. Oliva, Woodston, KS, will provide an introduction and overview of the Hancock Expedition. Cheyenne Chief John Sipes, tribal historian, Norman, OK, will address "Cheyenne Reactions." Sioux Pipebearer and Historian Ken Bordeaux, Lincoln, NE, will talk about "Sioux Reactions."
The program will then move to the village site where re-enactors portraying Plains Indians and buffalo hunters will make presentations, 3:15-4:45 p.m., and the three speakers will be available to answer questions. This is an opportunity to visit this pristine historic village site.
Evening events will be back at the fort, with a dinner available at 6:00 p.m. ($15.00 for adults and $10.00 for children age 10 and under, reservations required by April 28).
After dinner there will be a short business meeting, an army band concert, and a period dance with a preceptor to provide instructions. These historic dances have been very popular, just as the "hops" were popular with the troops stationed at the frontier post.
There will be living-history activities at Fort Larned throughout the day. A special exhibit, "Crossings of the Santa Fe Trail in Kansas," will be on display in the Commanding Officer's Quarters, with a talk about the 31 illustrations by David Clapsaddle at 10:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Address: Fort Larned National Historic Site , Larned, Kansas
|29 - 31||Santa Fe Trail Days - JOIN US FOR SANTA FE TRAIL DAYS JUNE 7TH THROUGH THE 9TH IN 2013 IN LARNED. WITH YOUR SANTA FE TRAIL DAYS BUTTON RECEIVE FREE ADMISSION TO THE HAMBURGER FEED. THERE WILL BE MUSIC ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY, RANCH RODEO ON SATURDAY, CARNIVAL RIDES ALL THREE DAYS, BALLOON ARTISTs, AND OTHER PERFORMANCES. THE PARADE IS AT 11 A.M. ON SATURDAY ALONG WITH ARTS, CRAFTS & FOOD BOOTHS; ON BROADWAY FROM 4TH STREET TO 8TH STREET. ENJOY LIVING HISTORY AT FORT LARNED NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE AND THE SANTA FE TRAIL CENTER'S TRAVELING EXHIBIT. CALL IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A VENDOR 800-747-6919|
Annual Santa Fe Trail Run/Walk
- Race registration starts at 6:30 AM, Race begins at 7:30 AM - 2mi, 10K and Triathalon. $10 pre-registration; $12 race day - deadline for early registration is 6/30/02.
Address: Schnack Park, 1st & Carroll , Larned, Kansas
|3 - 5||Old Time Independence Day Celebration - Fourth of July (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) Celebrate our nation's birthday at one of the best preserved Indian Wars' Era fort along the Santa Fe Trail. Living history activities will be going on all three days but only Saturday, July 4th will have special activities and programs.|
|4||Larned Fireworks Display - 2-mile walk, 2-mile run, 10K, and Triathlon event starts in Schnack Park in early morning. Fireworks display and program at dusk at Moffet Stadium.|
|22 - 26||
Pawnee County Fair
- Open & 4-H classes. Friday & Saturday, Ranch Rodeo at 8:00 PM.
Pedal Tractor Pull
Cherry Pie Baking Contest
Address: Pawnee County Fairgrounds, 400 East 18th Street , Larned, Kansas
|22 - 24||
Labor Day Weekend Military Living History
- Fort Larned will be abuzz with activity as park staff and volunteers portray the living fort as it was in the 1860s and 1870s. Watch soldiers perform rifle and cannon demonstrations, blacksmiths working raw metal into finished products and bakers creating meals for the troops. Interact with living history interpreters throughout the site including ladies of the post wearing elaborate Victorian dresses and soldiers in historic uniforms. 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM.
City-wide Garage Sale
- Maps distributed for garage sale sites. $5 fee to be listed. 8:00AM TO 1:00PM.
Address: Downtown Broadway and city-wide , Larned, Kansas
- Entertaining tours depicting an evening at Historic Fort Larned in 1868 with vignettes from the Fort's history. Reservations open two weeks prior to event. 6:30 PM - 10:30 PM.
Address: Fort Larned National Historic Site , Larned, Kansas
- Crafts, food, sidewalk sales, games. 9:30AM - 4:00PM.
Address: Downtown Broadway & 14th St. businesses , Larned, Kansas
Kiddie Day with Santa's Workshop
- A day devoted to kids. Visit with Santa at his workshop or house. Later watch a movie at the State Theater.
Address: Downtown Larned , Larned, Kansas
Annual Christmas Parade
- Shopping, Crafts Fair and other holiday themed activities are all part of the community holiday celebration. Entries for floats, bands, marching groups, saddle clubs, etc. being accepted.
Ph: 800-747-6919 (Always call and confirm events)
|28||Christmas Open House at Fort Larned - Celebrate the Yuletide with a free old-fashioned celebration with soldiers, hot apple cider, cookies, Santa, and Christmas carols. 6:30pm - 9pm.|