This memorial honors those from the Laverne community who so honorably served their country so that freedom might live.
- Dedicated, July 4, 1991
Located near the west pavillion in the city park... Veteran's Memorial
1776 - 1996, Bi-Centennial Wagon Train Pilgrimage - Oklahoma Official Representatives
This wagon train traveled 1,200 miles from Randlett, Oklahoma to Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. Ivan and Dorthy left Laverne on February 11, 1976
The Community Museum is housed in Laverne's first hotel, The Fox, which was built in 1912. There are many displays of Native American artifacts found in Harper County along with furnished rooms of early homesteaders.
At the western edge of town sits a beautiful 8-acre park with a tennis court, swimming pool, picnic tables, playground, and log cabin faciltiy.
Adjacent to the park are R.V. hook-ups with a dump station.
Self pay deposit box at park. If check make payable to Town of Laverne