1. Lecompton City Jail (1892)
Used into the 1920's as a jail. It is now located on private property.
2. Constitution Hall (1856)
One of the oldest wood-frame buildings in Kansas. Designated a National Historic Landmark in 1975. Dedicated as a museum in 1995.
This stone building was the headquarters of the Democratic Party during the Kansas Territorial period (1854-61). The cabin was used during a time when Lecompton, known as "The Birthplace of the Kansas Democratic Party,"
This building was started with an appropriation of $50,000 from the United States Congress to be the capitol of the State of Kansas. Later, it was finished as Lane University and was the site of the wedding of the parents of President Eisenhower.