The Hartford House that sets adjacent to the Historical Society Museum is a restoration of a prefabricated house that the early settlers brought to Manhattan in 1855 on the steamboat. Reports sent bac... Hartford House
The Randolph Jail is a nineteenth century jail located on the grounds of the Riley County Historical Museum. It was relocated here from the old town of Randolph in northern Riley County when the old town location was moved with the creation of Tuttle Creek Reservoir.
Harry P. Wareham moved with his family from Flush, Kansas in 1868, when he was two years old and when he was nine and his brother, William, was eleven, their father died. Mrs. Wareham, Sarah, established the Wareham Millinery Company, which she ran for many years.
State Fishing Lake No. 2.is located about four miles northeast of Manhattan. Pottawatomie Lake #2 is a scenic lake of about 75 acres that holds nice populations of crappie, largemouth bass and bluegill. The lake also produces impressive strings of channel catfish and holds some very nice walleyes.
Take a peek at the past through changing exhibits on Riley County history and in the photographs, manuscripts, letters, diaries and records of our research library.
Included in the Museum Complex is the 1855 prefabricated Hartford House, the Randolph Jail, and the Goodnow House.