Upcoming Events in Maquoketa Iowa
Jackson County Stock Car Races
- IMCA, late models, modifieds, street stock, hobby stocks, four-cylinder trophy trucks. Racing starts at 6:00pm. Weekly Races every Saturday May - October (weather permitting)
Address: Jackson County Fairgrounds , Maquoketa, Iowa
Citywide Garage Sale
- Some sales will have more than l day and extended hours. 7:00 am - 1:00 pm.
Ph: 563-652-2441 (Always call and confirm events)
Maqouketa Exotic Bird and Small Animal Swap
- Exotic bird and small animal swap at Jackson County Fair Grounds in Maquoketa Iowa. Exotic birds, caged birds, rabbits, ferrets, puppies, kittens and barnyard animals, all are welcome. Price is $3 dollars for ages 12 and up. Event runs from 7am till 11am.
Twice each year, the third Saturday in April and the third Saturday in September.
Address: 1212 E Quarry St. , Maquoketa, Iowa
|21||Flea Market - At the Jackson County Fairgrounds.|
|8 - 16||
International Woodcarvers Congress
- The International Woodcarvers Congress is the longest running, competitively judged, woodcarving art show in the United States. It is truly the most prestigious show of its kind. Artists from all over the United States, Canada and overseas have competed for cash and awards at the "Congress."
The show and competition are just a part of the festivities held during "Congress Week." "Congress Week" is held the second full week of June at the Jackson County Fairgrounds. Other activities during the week include a series of carving seminars, the Awards Banquet, the AWC Membership Meeting and the Judges’ Critique Sessions.
Address: Jackson County Fairgrounds, 1212 E. Quarry St. , Maquoketa, Iowa
Annual Timber City Adventure Race (Triathlon)
- Canoe, bike and run.
The Canoe... is an 8 mi. course on the Maquoketa River ....
The Bike... A 14 mile course that starts with a challenging incline -- one of the steepest in Jackson County, continues with several rolling hills, a steep decline with sharp right turn at the bottom and long flats to gather speed.
The Run... is a 5K (3.1mile) mostly flat course starting at Hurstville. Head south on old Highway 61, straight into Maquoketa, the race will finish at the Jackson County Fairgrounds.
Water will be available at each exchange and on running course. Volunteers will be stationed throughout the course. Showers available at Maquoketa Area Family YMCA . Bring your own towels.
Ph: 800-989-4602 (Always call and confirm events)
|4||Stock Car Races and Fireworks - Fireworks in Maquoketa immediately following the Stock Car Races at the Jackson County Fairgrounds. 9:30pm – 10:00pm.|
|24 - 28||
Jackson County Fair
- Fair Queen, Talent Show, Miller's Petting Zoo, Parade, Hug A Hog, Tuff-N-Nuff Mini Rodeo, Impact Pro Wrestling, Truck & Tractor Pull, Great American Duck Race, Wild World of Animals, Concert, Car Show, High Flying Pages Aerial Thrill Show, Night of Destruction - Night of Destruction includes the complete annihilation of Combines, School Buses, Boats, Appliances and pretty much anything you can put a motor in and crash it!
Address: JACKSON COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS, 1212 East Quarry Street , Maquoketa, Iowa