Upcoming Events in Marblehead Ohio
|The Art of it All - Features the 3 primary Art venues - Visual, Performing & Culinary. The event tales place primarily on the 3rd Saturday of each month, except May and October. Each event includes appetizers from various area restaurants, wine from local wineries, jazz & blues,performed by several Grammy Award winning groups, Art demo's from several juried Gallery artists. The event lasts most of the day - 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Experience the best of the arts on the beautiful McCallum Gallery Fine Art Patio!|
Family Fishing Fun Day
- In celebration of Earth Day held worldwide on April 22, we invite families to bring their children to the pond by Lockwood Shelter House for the opportunity to catch some trout to be released into the pond by the Division of Wildlife. Kids only may fish from 10am to 2pm. Adults may fish the pond after 2pm.
Address: East Harbor State Park, 1169 North Buck Road , Marblehead, Ohio
Lakeside Daisy Day
- Celebrate the blooming of the rare Lakeside Daisy which grows only in one place in the United States-Marblehead! Enjoy special events for the entire family throughout the Marblehead peninsula. Activities include an annual open house of the Lakeside Daisy Preserve from 1:00 – 5:00 PM, and a 5K Run / Walk starting at 9:00 a.m. This is an out and back course, very scenic with several small hills that wind past the natural habitat of the Lakeside Daisy. Water stops included. Registration & Packet Pickup: 8:00 a.m.
$15.00 pre-registration (received no later than April 28th 2014)
$18.00 after, and day of race registration.
T-shirts available to all pre-registered entries and while supplies last on race day.
Awards: Award given to Top Overall Male and Female runners and Walkers.
Runners finishing in the top three in each age group will receive awards.
The only natural population of Lakeside daisy in the United States grows on the Marblehead Peninsula in Ottawa County. In 1988 the Lakeside daisy was listed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service as a federally threatened species. The species has been listed as endangered in Ohio since 1980.
Address: Marblehead V.F.W. Post 7572. 421 W. Main Street , Marblehead, Ohio
|30 - 2||
Civil War Encampment
- The Civil War comes back to life during this weekend! Wander through the settler's shops as they ply their wares, talk with the General Grant and other notaries, and wander through the various encampments. Everyone will find something to appreciate. Did we mention a battle or two between Confederate and Federal troops?
Address: East Harbor State Park,1169 North Buck Road , Marblehead, Ohio
Music in the Firelands- North Coast Concert Band
- Enjoy fresh Lake Erie perch sandwiches, homemade pies and ice cream. At 12pm, hear a concert by the 65 piece North Coast Concert Band and Strings of Glory (hammered dulcimer and zither, bring your own lawn chair. The Keeper's House tours. The Gift Shop and Museum will be open. Activities all day, 10am to 4 pm.
Address: The Keeper's House, 9999 East Bayshore Rd , Marblehead, Ohio
|12 - 14||Lakeside Northcoast Plein Air Paintout - Ohio Plein Air Society artists paint Lakeside during the weekend. Sunday during the Wooden Boat Society Show, artists will paint on the waterfront from 1:00-3:00 pm . At 3:00-5:00 pm the Wet Paint Sale and Show of the weekend efforts on the pavilion grounds in Lakeside. Lakeside Plein Air Paintout is hosted by Dziak Gallery and Lakeside Association.|
|9 - 11||
Marblehead International Days
- A celebration of our village's old world heritage, Marblehead International Days is a series of events that take place along the Main Street (SR 163) corridor. "Main Street Bazaar" is 3 days of old-time street fair on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Explore Marblehead's unique shops, sample the tasty offerings of local restaurants, and check out the displays by artists and crafters along the thoroughfare.
Friday will see "Polkas on the Patio" at Jodie McCallum's Gallery, with music by the Wayne Golob Polka Band from 8-10pm.
"The Art of it All" will take place Saturday at Jodie McCallum's from 1-10pm, with food, refreshments, fine art demos, and music by Grammy winner Michael Calhoun and the DBC Jazz Band. The Mablehead VFW Post will showcase it's "Whitey Priebe Polka Fest" on Saturday with polka music by the Frank Moravcik Band. Kolbasi and kraut and halushki will be served, and the admission is $5. This event is open to the public.
On Sunday, Holy Assumption Russian Orthodox Church hosts their annual HALUPKI FESTIVAL from 11:30am - 6pm. A celebration of Carpatho-Russian foods and culture, the festival features such foods as halupki (cabbage rolls), halushki (cabbage and noodles), perohi (pierogies), kolbasi (smoked sausage), pagach (Slavic pizza) and more. The will be Old World baked goods, displays of Russian icons, a demonstration of the Rusyn art of Pysanky (Easter egg decorating), tours of the historic church, craft vendors, refreshments, and fun for the kids. Entertainment with the Raz, Dva, Tre Russian Folk Ensemble, the Wayne Golob Polka Band, and the Frank Moravcik Band (polkas and variety). A shuttle bus service will run for all 3 days of International Days from one end of the village to the other for a minimal charge. Also, the Marblehead Lighthouse will be open Sunday from 5-7 pm.
Address: Main Street (Route 163) in Marblehead , Marblehead, Ohio
Lions Club Perch Festival
- Join us for drawings and prizes, craft vendors, children's games, antique cars and boats, exhibits of local history, entertainment, and delicious food. Watch the parade at 10 AM.
Address: James Park , Marblehead, Ohio
- A celebration of Carpatho-Russian food and culture, the HALUPKI FESTIVAL, now in it's 55th year, is held annually on the third Sunday of August. The day's activities begin with Divine Liturgy in the beautiful, historic church at 9:30 am. The festival itself begins at 11:30am with the serving of their famous Halupki and Ham Dinner, followed at 2 pm with International Ala Carte featuring halupki (cabbage rolls), halushki (cabbage & noodles), perohi (pierogies), kolbasi (smoked sausage), pagach (Slavic pizza), and more. Delicious Old World Baked goods will be sold. Entertainment gets underway at 11:30 am with the Raz, Dva, Tre Russian Folk Ensemble, followed by polka music for listening and dancing with the Wayne Golob Band and the Frank Moravcik Band alternating throughout the afternoon.
The church, a historic landmark built in 1906, will be open with tours for visitors. Additionally, Russian Orthodox icons and other religious items will be on display, a demonstration of the Rusyn art of Pysanky (Easter egg decorating) will be given, and numerous crafters will be selling their wares. There will also be refreshments, raffles, and fun for the kids.
Address: Holy Assumption Church, 114 E. Main St. , Marblehead, Ohio
|6 - 8||Ohio Plein Air Society Annual Competition - Sunday, Competition Judging at 1:00 pm; Quickdraw paint 12:00-1:00 with judging to follow. Awards at 2:00 pm. Painting sales 12:00 3:00 pm on the pavilion grounds of Lakeside Ohio. Hosted by Dziak Gallery and Lakeside Association.|
Lakeside-Marblehead Lighthouse Festival
- Lakeside's life and activity are growing far beyond the 11 weeks of the Chautauqua summer season. The Lakeside-Marblehead Lighthouse Festival, a cherished fall tradition that supports the Lakeside Association and Marblehead Peninsula Chamber of Commerce, will be held in Lakeside from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday.
The peninsula-wide festival will include a variety of activities for the entire family to enjoy. Throughout the day, free shuttle service will transport visitors from Lakeside to the Marblehead Lighthouse to experience free tours of the lighthouse, while Marblehead Peninsula merchants and businesses will offer sales and specials to shoppers.
In Lakeside, more than 50 arts and crafts vendors will display quality collectibles in Wesley Lodge, South Auditorium and Wo-Ho-Mis. While on the grounds, discover Lakeside's rich history by taking a 90-minute guided walking tour through the fall foliage and past the Victorian cottages, visit the Farmers' Market or enter a homemade pie recipe into Lakeside's annual Pie Contest, Auction and Sale. .
Other family-friendly activities in Lakeside include live entertainment, hayrides, free miniature golf and shuffleboard, corn hole tournament and a feature movie at Orchestra Hall. Children may participate in several fall-themed activities, such as decorating paper plate masks or making fall magnets. Food will be provided throughout the day by the Lakeside Association, Lakeside United Methodist Men and the Marblehead Peninsula Chamber of Commerce in various locations.
Take a fall break with the family in Lakeside. Guests will have the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of Lakeside without a gate pass admission fee. To volunteer for the event, contact Mary Ann Hirsch at 419-798-4461, ext. 248 or email email@example.com.