Located immediately north of the Barnard Park district is the campus of Midland Lutheran College. Founded in the mid-1880s in Atchison, Kansas, the college moved to Fremont in 1919 acquiring the grounds and buildings of the Fremont Normal School and Business College.
Two early structures still remaining are the 1907 Clemmons Hall and the 1923 Gothic Revival Old Gym.
The 1884 Normal School Administration Building was razed in 1985.
Come visit us in Fremont, Nebraska