category : Museums
Housed in the old Traweek Hospital built in 1928 by Dr. A.C. Traweek, Sr., the first medical doctor in the county. Exhibits include collection of clothing, home furnishings, tools, firearms, and photos depicting early ranch and farm life in the county. Special exhibit rooms feature early medical care, school items, Plains Indians artifacts, a miniature display of the city as it existed from 1891-1910, and history of the Matador Land and Cattle Co. One block north of U.S. 70 at corner of Dunee and Bundy Sts.
Hours Open: Mon. 1 - 5 p.m.Times by appointment Phone:
Come visit us in Matador, Texas