Washington, North Carolina
Upcoming Events in Washington North Carolina
Washington Senior Dance
- Location. Washington Civic Center Time 7-10:00pm. 2nd Thursday in each month. Sponsored by different people monthly. Music D.J. or Band Adm. $7.00 Call information Sandra 252-946-1608
Address: Washington Civic Center , Washington, North Carolina
|Saturday Market - The Saturday Market is held on the waterfront in downtown Washington every Saturday, 8:00 am - Noon, mid April thru mid October and features music, food, arts and crafts, antiques and collectibles, and a farmer's market. Located on the Washington waterfront in Harding Square and the area in and around the Chamber of Commerce, and the river promenade.|
|Music In The Streets - Music In The Streets welcomes everyone to this fun and entertaining evening of live music on the waterfront the 3rd Friday of each month between April and October! Located on the beautiful Pamlico River, Downtown Washington has something for everyone, and this street festival is just a part of it all! This year promises even more enjoyment for the whole family with even more musicians and new performances.|
|2 - 4||Annual Wildlife Arts Festival and Decoy Carving Contest - 100 wildlife art exhibitors, the festival featured many other wildlife-related events, including duck-carving competition divisions, retriever demonstrations, wildlife art and decoy auctions, a children's decoy-painting contest and various waterfowl-calling contests. 9:00 AM.|
International Migratory Bird Day Festival
- Celebrate the annual trek of millions of songbirds from their tropical homes to their summer breeding grounds! This festival is one of the main events for the GCSP during the year and is lots of fun for all ages! Activities include bird-related hikes, games, crafts, and programs for everyone. Typically held on the second Saturday in May.
Address: Goose Creek State Park, 2190 Camp Leach Rd. , Washington, North Carolina
|4||4th of July and City of Washington Fireworks - Come to the lovely waterfront in historic downtown Washington and show your love of country and enter or just enjoy the patriotic themed boat parade from 3:00-6:00 PM. Other activities going on with Joy the Clown, food, hot dog eating contest, cornhole tournament, live entertainment, fireworks! 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM.|
|13||Music In The Streets - Come listen to live local bands, shop in our boutiques and shoppes, dine at local eateries and stroll down Main Street.|
Annual Pickin' on the Pamlico
- Collect your friends & family and join us as we celebrate our delicious Blue Crab on the banks of the Pamlico River! Enjoy all the fresh NC steamed crabs & shrimp you can eat, listen to live music by the 360 Degrees band, & enjoy a beautiful sunset. This event is cosponsored by "NC Seafood.- Greeting & Grinning" at 5:30, Crab & Shrimp Feast with all the fixings - served at 6:30 pm, next to the N.C. Estuarium Cash bar with $2 Beer & Wine. Tickets sold out last year. Hurry, get yours today!
From Hwy 17 North or South, turn east on Main Street, travel East 1 block and turn right onto Stewart Parkway, follow the river around to the NC Estuarium
Address: Next to the NC Estuarium on the Washington waterfront
|31 - 1||
Autumn Craft Show
- Various artists and crafters will be on hand displaying and selling their handmade creations as well as jewelry. A food court will also be open.
Address: The Blind Center, corner of Harvey and 3rd(Hwy32) Streets , Washington, North Carolina
|12 - 13||
Smoke On The Water Pig Cooking Contest
- The Washington Noon Rotary Club will host the Annual Smoke on the Water Pig Cooking Contest located on Stewart Parkway, along the beautiful Pamlico River, in downtown Washington, North Carolina. Some of the best pig cookers from across the state aim to make this contest one of the best! Every penny raised is given back to local non-profit groups in the area like the American Red Cross, Boys and Girls Club, Ruth's House, the Cancer Center, Pamlico Pals, etc.
In addition to the Pig Cooking Contest, a Chili Cook-off will be hosted by the Blind Center of North Carolina. Other events include a Pig Parade, a 5K race, skydivers, live music, a Fire Engine pull, a duck race, Classic Car Show, arts and crafts and more. Bring your family and enjoy all of the events!
For further information or to request an entry form for BBQ, Chili or Vendor space please contact Pam Anderson. You can also download and entry form at the Smoke on the Water website.
|12 - 13||
Music In The Streets and Smoke on the Water Parade
- Main Street in historic downtown Washington turns into an avenue of music, fun, and festivity from 6-9 p.m. as musicians and performers setup to entertain folks of all ages! And this special night also serves as the beginning of the Smoke on the Water including a fun "Parade of Pigs!" Come and join the local crowd, as well as other visitors that have already discovered this riverside jewel! 10 a.m.
Address: Main Street in historic Downtown Washington , Washington, North Carolina
|18 - 20||
Annual Fine Arts Show
- Over 350 original works of art showcasing artwork in 5 categories: oils/acrylics, graphics/open mixed, three-dimensional, watercolors, and photography. Entries will be available for purchase. Juried competition, always an exciting event, local artists bring out their very best for a shot at the top honors. This annual event is open to the public and is held the fourth weekend! 9 am - 5 pm. Artist registration is Sunday.
Address: Washington Civic Center, 110 N. Gladden Street , Washington, North Carolina
|25||Bath Christmas Parade - The Bath Christmas Parade will be held Sunday in Bath at 2:00 p.m. Come out and enjoy the beginning of the Holiday Season in North Carolina's oldest town! 2:00 PM.|
|1||Washington Christmas Parade - The Washington Christmas Parade is going to be Saturday at 10:00 a.m. on Main Street in Downtown Washington! Come join the festivities! The Kiwanis Club of Washington is the coordinator for the event and for information or to be a part of the parade contact the Parade Committee at (252) 947-0100 or visit the website for a registration form.|