Nebraska City, Nebraska
Upcoming Events in Nebraska City Nebraska
|21 - 23||
Arbor Day Celebration
- Nebraska City is proud to be the home of the national tree-planting day, Arbor Day. This three day event is celebrated throughout the city the last Friday in April. On Friday, a program to entertain and educate school-aged children is hosted at the Arbor Lodge State Historical Park. The events on Saturday and Sunday offer something for everyone. Visitors can enjoy a parade, craft shows, environmental games, and a variety of festival foods. Demonstrations, sales, and Shakespeare on the Green are all part of the weekend.
The Wildwood Family Fun Festival offers a place for families to enjoy the holiday together. There are lectures and events for the parents and plenty of games for the kids. Arbor Day Farm is a big attraction during Arbor Day weekend. The National Arbor Day Foundation hosts a variety of games and demonstrations to spark children's interest and imagination.
|29 - 1||
Fourth of July Celebration
- Being in Nebraska City on the Fourth of July is like stepping into the "Music Man" for a day. Visitors and residents will enjoy a fun-packed day beginning with the new 5k/10k run/walk and a one mile kids run/walk. American Legion baseball games will highlight the afternoon. In the evening, enjoy the ice cream social, patriotic entertainment, Color Guard presentation and the annual fireworks displays which will begin shortly after sunset. A dance will follow the fireworks at Steinhart Lodge. This is fun for the whole family. Rain date: day following.
Address: Steinhart Park & Steinhart Lodge , Nebraska City, Nebraska
Annual Antique Tractor & Gas Engine Festival
- Take a step back in time to enjoy rope making, candle dipping, lye soap making, blacksmithing and winetasting. Hayrack tours through the orchard and antique displays. 9am-4pm.
Address: Kimmel Orchard, 5995 G Rd, 1 1/2 mi. N.W. on Hwy 75 , Nebraska City, Nebraska
|22 - 23||
- Community event filled with fun activities including the bagel dash, free bagel breakfast, auction and Bagels & Bordeaux.
Ph: 402-873-6654 (Always call and confirm events)
|9||Table Creek Arts Festival - Fine arts and crafts festival with assorted vendors, children's activities and demonstrations. 9am-6pm.|
|15 - 17||
- Nebraska City’s historic AppleJack Festival annually draws between 60,000 and 80,000 people to Nebraska City to celebrate the kickoff of the apple harvest. Apple pie, apple cider, apple cider donuts, candy apples, caramel apples, apple fritters, apple salad…pretty much anything you can imagine made from apples are available at the AppleJack Festival. With over 6 craft fairs, a parade, street dances, a classic car show, live music, and a 3-day carnival, for one weekend Nebraska City becomes the Apple Capital of the World.
We have many great sponsorship, advertising, and vending opportunities available. If you are interested contact Adessa Elson at adessae@NebraskaCity.com.
|16 - 17||
Pumpkin Ridge Craft Show
- Pumpkin Ridge Farm has been home to a large outdoor craft show since 1997. The craft show is held annually on AppleJack weekend (always the third weekend in September) in Nebraska City, NE and attracts 7,500 people during that time. The show offers diversified products as there are nearly 120 crafters present from nine different states! Pony rides, train rides, petting zoo, concessions.
Address: Pumpkin Ridge Pumpkin Farm, 815 North 60th Road , Nebraska City, Nebraska
|24 - 15||Living History Days - These four fall weekends give visitors a chance to step back in time. While visiting Arbor Lodge, you can get a first-hand feel of how Americans lived before they had many of the luxuries we have today. Watch demonstrations on broom making, sausage making, cider pressing, and china painting. Lectures on the Civil War and doll making lessons are also provided.|
|1 - 15||Living History Days - These four fall weekends give visitors a chance to step back in time. While visiting Arbor Lodge, you can get a first-hand feel of how Americans lived before they had many of the luxuries we have today. Watch demonstrations on broom making, sausage making, cider pressing, and china painting. Lectures on the Civil War and doll making lessons are also provided.|
|2 - 3||
- Kick off the holiday season with a weekend full of celebration in Nebraska City. A parade of costumed characters lead Santa Claus as he arrives to town in a horse-drawn sleigh. The parade winds through downtown, ending with the City Christmas Tree that Santa magically lights.
The annual Christmas Tour of Homes is a big draw on Sunday. Local homeowners decorate for the holidays and invite the public to tour. There is a Horse-drawn Trolley Tour of Christmas Lights in the evening to top off the weekend.