A contract for the new county courthouse was signed in August 1864. A.G. Basset was the architect and W.R. Craig and F.W. Wood were hired as builders. The original two-story brick structure was completed in 1865 with additions being made about 1882 and 1936. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Otoe County Courthouse is the oldest public building in Nebraska still in use.
Address: 11th and 1st Corso
Come visit us in Nebraska City, Nebraska