The Historical Museum is housed in the old Beardslee Brothers General Store which originally was a building owned by Ross Calhoun, the father of Ness City. When a fire destroyed the building in 1899, the present building was built with supplies from the razed Calhoun House and sugar mill.
The four-story, 18,700 sq. ft. stone building at the intersection of Main Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, in Ness City, Kansas, was called, upon its completion in 1890, "The finest and most imposing structure west of Topeka." In February, 1972, the building was placed on the