LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Newton, Kansas

  • Bethel College

    Bethel CollegeNorth Newton is home of Bethel College. Built in 1888, the striking Bethel College Administration building made of Kansas limestone in the Romanesque Revival style attracted the community's attention ...
    Bethel College

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Harvey County Historical Museum and Library

The Harvey County historical Museum and Libraryi is housed in a former Carnegie Library that served Newton and Harvey County residents until 1973. Completed in 1904, the library was built by a gift from Andrew Carnegie and is the oldest public building in town. * Harvey County Hall:

Newton, KS Museums

Newton Station

The Newton Station, completed in 1930, was built during the Depression for 350,000. Modeled after Shakespeare's house at Stratford-on-Avon, the Newton Station was home to a Harvey House between 1930 and 1955

Newton, KS Historic Buildings

Camp Hawk

The 43 acre park contains a 4 acre pond stocked with channel catfish, crappie, largemouth bass and sunfish. Park facilities include an enclosed shelter house (available by reservation) which contains a kitchenette, restrooms, fireplace and a large meeting room for 100

Newton, KS Recreation

Bethel College

North Newton is home of Bethel College. Built in 1888, the striking Bethel College Administration building made of Kansas limestone in the Romanesque Revival style attracted the community's attention from the very beginning.

Newton, KS Colleges

Carnegie Factory Gallery & Park

In 1883-1884, one of Newton's largest industries was established, J.J. Krehbiel's Carriage Factory. Mr. Krehbiel was one of the founders of Bethel College. In 1993

Newton, KS Arts

Things to do near Newton, KS

Gypsum Hills Scenic Byway

The Gypsum Hills Scenic Byway begins at the junction of Hwys. 281 & 160 and runs 40 miles to the west to Coldwater, at the ju...

The Carriage House

The Carriage House, built in the early 1800s was the first brick home built in Oxford. John J. Hahn was the first of several...

Anderson Book & Office Supply

Anderson Book and Office Supply was established in 1892 in a vacant lot at 420 N. Main. Phillip Murray Anderson opened a maga...