LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Fred Harvey Building


category : Historic Buildings
The historical Fred Harvey Building once housed a food processing plant for the Harvey House and dining cars. The building was vacant for the most part after the Harvey operations closed in the 1950s, and had been scheduled for the wrecking ball when local developers took it over in 1979.


Come visit us in Newton, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Harvey County West Park

Harvey County West Park is approximately 17.5 northwest of Newton on 310 acres. Located on the Little Arkansas River, this heavily wooded park provides ample opportunity for enjoying the natural beauty of this area. No hunting is allowed here. There is a 16

Newton, KS Recreation

500 Main Place

Across the street from the Newton Station stands the historic Railroad Savings and Loan Building now known as 500 Main Place. The Railroad Savings and Loan Association, organized 30 years before the bank was built in 1925

Newton, KS Historic Buildings

Harvey County East Park

Activities in and around the 320 acre lake include nature trails, boating, swimming, water-skiing, and fishing for walleye, channel catfish, largemouth bass, crappie and sunfish. No hunting is allowed. Camping (electrical hook-ups available)

Newton, KS Recreation

Harvey County Historical Museum and Library

The Harvey County historical Museum and Libraryi is housed in a former Carnegie Library that served Newton and Harvey County residents until 1973. Completed in 1904, the library was built by a gift from Andrew Carnegie and is the oldest public building in town. * Harvey County Hall:

Newton, KS Museums

Kauffman Museum

The Kauffman Museum is located on the Bethel College campus in North Newton. The museum emphasizes the cultural and natural history of the Central Plains and the immigration of the Mennonites to Kansas in the 1870

Newton, KS Museums

Things to do Historic Buildings near Newton, KS

Anderson Book & Office Supply

Anderson Book and Office Supply was established in 1892 in a vacant lot at 420 N. Main. Phillip Murray Anderson opened a maga...

Fred Harvey Building

The historical Fred Harvey Building once housed a food processing plant for the Harvey House and dining cars. The building wa...