The Newton Station, completed in 1930, was built during the Depression for 350,000. Modeled after Shakespeare's house at Stratford-on-Avon, the Newton Station was home to a Harvey House between 1930 and 1955
Harvey County West Park is approximately 17.5 northwest of Newton on 310 acres. Located on the Little Arkansas River, this heavily wooded park provides ample opportunity for enjoying the natural beauty of this area. No hunting is allowed here.
There is a 16
One of several parks in Newton, the Military Park is exceptional because it is home to Santa Fe steam engine #1880 (a Prairie class 2-6-2) and a Civil War-era cannon. It is also the location of the public library.
The historic Warkentin House is the former home of Bernhard and Wilhelmina Warkentin, built in 1887. It is a splendid example of the Victorian period in American architecture and furnishings. As a museum, the house offers a glimpse into the way the Warkentins lived, since 80
Activities in and around the 320 acre lake include nature trails, boating, swimming, water-skiing, and fishing for walleye, channel catfish, largemouth bass, crappie and sunfish. No hunting is allowed. Camping (electrical hook-ups available)