LASR.net Homepage




Menu

North Platte, Nebraska

  • Wild West Memorial

    Wild West MemorialAt the entrance of Cody Park, visitors will find the Wild West Memorial. This is near the site of the historic Old Glory Blowout, the first spectator rodeo held in 1882 staged by Buffalo Bill. The Wil...
    Wild West Memorial
  • 20th Century Veteran's Memorial

    20th Century Veteran's MemorialThe 20th Century Veterans' Memorial is a permanent memorial dedicated to and honoring the military men and women of the United States who served their country during the 20th Century. The monument is...
    20th Century Veteran's Memorial

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Lincoln County Historical Museum

Over 100 years of history is preserved and attractively displayed at the Lincoln County Historical Museum. Authentic tools, weapons, wagons, buildings and other remnants of the frontier era are among the thousands of items on display. From December, 1941 to April 1, 1946

North Platte, NE Museums


Hotel Yancy
(HOTEL PAWNEE)

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the hotel is named for William L. Yancey, who became its proprietor after signing a lease with Keith Neville and Alex Beck in 1928. Construction began in March 1929

North Platte, NE National Register

Union Pacific Railroad Bailey Yard

The long, narrow delta at the forks of the North and South Platte Rivers, populated by wild grasses and bulky bison, had been crossed before - by nomadic Plains Indians, by covered wagons and by the Pony Express.

But in 1866

North Platte, NE Railroad History

Cody Park Railroad Museum

One of the most beautiful sights in North Platte is Cody Park. The Union Pacific Railroad Co. donated and installed steam locomotive UP 3977 in the railroad museum area of Cody Park in 1968

North Platte, NE Museums

Things to do near North Platte, NE

Lovitt Historical Site

Between A.D. 1675-1725 Apache peoples known as the Dismal River Complex (and related to populations in the southwest, eastern...

St. John's Lutheran German Church & Cemetery

The German-Lutheran congregation was established in 1886, and the present frame church building was constructed in 1925-26. T...