Established in 1682 as mission for Piros, Thanos, and Jemes Indians. Originally located about 12 leagues from Guadalupe Mission at Paso del Norte and about 7.5 leagues from Ysleta. However, when a group of Indians threatened to revolt, mission moved to new location about one league from Ysleta Mission. Early 19th-century flood changed course of Rio Grande and left village and mission on Texas side.
Address: Present village of Socorro adjacent to southeast El Paso, F.M. 258 south.
Come visit us in El Paso, Texas