Upcoming Events in Greenville Ohio
|12||Taste of Wine & Jazz - DCCA's longest running fundraiser continues to be a hit. At the warm and inviting Montage Cafe, delectable hors d'oeuvres, four delicious wine selections, and exceptional entertainment are the ingredients of these popular events which generally sell out quickly! 6:30 P.M. All proceeds benefit the Darke County Center for the Arts.|
|10 - 11||Annual Bluebird Festival - Celebrate the advent of spring by attending this event hosted by the Darke Countians for Wildlife Conservation in the Youth Building at the Darke County Fairgrounds. Speakers, educational exhibits, artists, and merchants with nature related items highlight this two-day, free event.|
|28 - 29||Spring Open House at Bear's Mill - Just in time for Mother's Day, the Shoppe at Bear's Mill will be full of locally handmade jewelry, pottery, handbags and gifts for the home, as well as gourmet food and kitchen accessories. Stop by today and you will be amazed at the experience you have at one of the last water-powered mills in the country. First weekend in May. 11am - 5pm.|
|11 - 12||
Annual Friends of the Library Used Book Sale
- The annual Used Book Sale of the Friends of the Greenville Public Library is coming. The sale will be at PAWS Bingo Hall across from Dairy Queen. Friday you will have all day to shop the lowest prices anywhere for books and more. The sale starts at 9 am and lasts until 8 pm. Hardbacks and softcovers are 50 cents, paperbacks 25 cents, DVDs and CDs are $1. Saturday is the bag sale from 9 am until 2 pm, when $2 will buy all you can put into a supplied brown paper grocery bag. There are many hundreds of like-new items as well as gently used ones. Some collectible books will be offered. Get rid of the old and bring in the new at our huge sale benefiting the Greenville Public Library.
The Friends of the Library uses the proceeds from the books sale and contributions from members to provide materials, equipment and programs beyond the library's budget. It has proudly sponsored the Summer Family Reading Program and the Author's Night series at Montage in Greenville. The Friends has helped fund the new security system, the theater system, the Wii and Lego Club and the updating of genealogy microfilm records at the library. The money you spend at this event supports Greenville Public Library, which in turn supports the community.... and you! For questions regarding the book sale, membership or activities of the Friends of the Library, call 937-548-1916.
Submitted by Dede Wissman
212 Hickory Dr. Greenville, OH
Address: 848 Martin St. Greenville OH 45331 , Greenville, Ohio
|1 - 3||Annual Poultry Days - Join thousands of people for a weekend of just plain FUN! The town of Versailles will be overrun during the this weekend of June for it's annual chicken festival. Enjoy the arts & crafts show, Peddler's Market, flower show, baking contests, egg decorating contests and displays, talent show, The Towne and Country Players will be performing again this year, "Miss Chick" contest, "Little Miss Chick" contest, free live entertainment, kiddie rides, children's petting zoo, Grand Parade, antique & classic car parade, 5K Heritage Run, bike tour, golf scramble, softball and ultimate disk tournaments. Sunday night at dusk there will be a fireworks display. Don't forget about the food! Poultry Days is well known for its barbecue chicken and ice cream parlor.|
|3 - 6||
Darke County Steam Threshers Reunion
- Activities include wheat threshing, log sawing, approximately 35 steam engines, tractors, gas engines, farm machinery and horses featuring Allis Chalmers equipment. Steam engine torque test in action. A large flea market will be open each day along with plenty of entertainment for all ages, including an antique tractor pull on Saturday afternoon.
The Darke County Steam Threshers annual reunion is held at the beautiful York Woods located 8 miles North of Greenville, Ohio at the corner of State Route 127 & Reed Rd.
Address: York Woods, 6129 Reed RD, Greenville OH , Greenville, Ohio
|5 - 8||Farm Power of the Past - Activities include threshing, bailing, tractor pulls, gas engine machines, antiques, classic tractors, draft tractors and equipment, a flea market with crafts, food, music, and camping at the Darke County Fairgrounds. Featured Equipment this year includes Lesser Known Classic Tractors and Ohio Built Gas Engines.|
|12 - 14||
Annual Midwest Gospel Singing Convention
- Would you like to experience the uplifting effects of Gospel Music? Do we have the event for you... bring the entire family to the Lighthouse Christian Center in Greenville to enjoy talented performances by more than 25 recognized names in the Gospel Music industry from across the United States.
Dr. Charles Norvell, The Blackwoods Gospel Quartet from Tennessee, Acclaim from Ohio, Young Harmony from Tennessee and The Pine Ridge Boys from North Carolina are only a few of the performers who will entertain thousands of people during this last weekend of July.
|20 - 22||Annie Oakley Sidewalk Sales - The biggest sales of the year line the streets of Historic Downtown Greenville during Annie Oakley Days. Eager shoppers arrive two to four hours early just to get in-line at KitchenAid Experience Center to get freebies and deep discounts. Come for the sales, stay to learn about lengendary sharp-shooter, Annie Oakley during the festival named after her. Hop on an air-conditioned motorcoach for the historial tour of Darke County; visit the Annie Oakley Center; shop 'til you drop downtown or take it easy with an overnight in the story-book suites at the Inn at Versailles.|
|20 - 22||Annie Oakley Days - Many exciting activities can be found on the Darke County Fairgrounds during this festival honoring Darke County's own, Annie Oakley, such as an antique and collectible markets, farmers' market, arts and crafts, senior bingo breakfast, live entertainment and many times of food. Other scheduled events include: the Annie Oakley parade through Historic Downtown Greenville on Saturday, the Miss Annie Oakley Shooting Contest (finals held on Thursday night), historical tours, melodrama, authentic historical encampments, kiddy tractor pulls and Ohio's Fastdraw Competition.|
|26 - 29||
Annual World's Longest Yard Sale
- The concept of a continual yard sale is simple... pull people off the busy interstates into the scenic parts of rural Ohio. The event draws hundreds of thousands of people from all across the county to enjoy days of bargaining, exploring and having a great time!
This year is no different except that every county along US127 is participating... from the Michigan border to the Ohio River. Join in the fun! Mark your calendar and come to Darke County to begin your adventure.
|10 - 18||The Great Darke County Fair - The GREATEST County Fair on Earth! At least we think so! Kids of all ages will enjoy nine fun-filled days of activities at the Darke County Fairgrounds in Greenville. Events such as harness racing, music concerts, cheerleading contests, high school band concerts, tractor/truck pulls, draft horse pulls, demolition derby, livestock shows/sales, junior fair activities, flower show, domestic & fine arts shows, farm garden displays, show horse & pony shows, mule & donkey shows, free midway shows, carnival games, arcade games and food vendors. Gates open from 7:00 am until midnight, every day. Concert on Sunday.|
Fall Cruise-In Historic Downtown Greenville
- Walk the streets. Listen to the beats. Taste the eats. Check out the seats. The seats of the 300+ restored and classic cars that will line the streets of Historic Downtown Greenville on Saturday from 6:00 to 10:00 pm. It's all downtown... entertainment, great food, dancing, music & shopping.
Address: Historic Downtown Greenville, South Broadway , Greenville, Ohio
|15 - 16||
Annual Ohio Gourd Show
- Visit this two-day event to see artists painting, carving and wood burning gourds. Attend educational exhibits to learn how to decorate the gourds for yourself. Many beautiful items will be for sale including decorated gourds, dried flowers, pumpkins, and dried and fresh gourds, also musical "gourd" entertainment.
Address: Darke County Fairgrounds, 800 Sweitzer St / St Rt 49 , Greenville, Ohio
|21 - 23||
Fall Harvest Show at Yorkwoods
- On Saturday, Antique Tractor pull, Steam engines will be on the grounds. Will have a baker fan, dyno, hit-and-miss engines. This will be the first year for this show, adding new stuff to the show as we find. Anybody is welcome to show their tractor and equipment. Open show at Yorkwoods .
Address: 127 to Nrth of Greenville Ohio to Reed rd. Show on the Corner. , Greenville, Ohio
|22 - 23||
Annual Prairie Days
- Apple butter cooking over the fire; pioneers in and around the Log House; vendors displaying their wares; tall-tales being spun; crafts to make. Held annually the last full weekend of September, this event focuses on the prairie way of life in and around 1780-1810 and will feature many crafts, games and trades of the time period. Many crafts are free for children and with a select few requesting a small donation to cover material costs. Bring your family to the Prairie and step back in time!
Saturday: 10a-5p & Sunday: 12p-5p
|22 - 23||Legendary Fall Open House at Bear's Mill - Bring your friends and family to this celebration of Harvest. Enjoy delicious fare, live music, the rich colors of Autumn... what better time to celebrate? The Shoppe at Bear's Mill will be full of new fall merchandise, including handmade pottery by the Bear's Mill potters and jewelry by local artisans. First Weekend in October. 11am - 5pm.|
|28 - 29||
Harvest of Quilts
- In Darke County, the farmers bring in a harvest of corn and beans while their wives bring in a harvest of quilts. Visit the Darke County Fairgrounds to learn how to make quilts, see a fashion show, engage in the mini-quilt auction raffle, and shop the country store, merchants mall and concessions.
Address: Darke County Fairgrounds, 800 Sweitzer St. , Greenville, Ohio
|10 - 11||Christmas at Bear's Mill - Indulge yourself this holiday season by visiting Bear's Mill, where you'll discover many distinctive, one-of-a-kind gift items for that someone special on your Christmas list ... and for yourself! Third Weekend. 11am - 5pm.|
|23||Candlelight Open House at Bear's Mill - Close your eyes. Picture a crackling bonfire and luminarias reflecting off the water. Feel the chill in the air. Smell the aroma of fresh cedar. Taste the hot chocolate with marshmallows. You are invited to enjoy the romance of the holidays at this historic landmark during an evening in the country. First Friday in December. 6-10pm.|