Van Wert, Ohio
Upcoming Events in Van Wert Ohio
|Fountain Park Summer Music Series - Van Wert's Fountain Park Summer Music Series begins June and runs through August. Bring lawn chairs and blankets to Fountain Park, downtown Van Wert, Friday evenings at 7:00 pm. Enjoy free musical entertainment by well-known professional musicians.|
|11||Valentine's Day - Celebrate Valentine's Day with a special night of contemporary jazz. 7:30 p.m.|
|2 - 4||ArtRageous on Main - Peony Festival Weekend - For many years the Van Wert area has enjoyed several festivals every June. Now you can experience all of them on one wonderful weekend. The Peony Festival includes 2 craft shows, a flower show and garden tours, a car show, queen's pageant, a quilt show, and a parade. Artrageous features fine artists demonstrating and selling in Fountain Park, jazz and blues music, and children's art activities. the Van Wert County Fair Board is sponsoring 3 days of Off Road Challenge. Beginning at 7 PM tonight crowds can enjoy a Truck War - an old fashioned tug of war "played" with trucks. At 8 PM a concert featuring Van Wert's own Bydus band will be held in the entertainment/beer tent. There food vendors, a petting zoo, and live concerts both Friday and Saturday evening.|
|8 - 9||
Van Wert (Ohio) Railroad Heritage Weekend
- This event is a must for railroad buffs. The Van Wert County Historical Museum presents its Railroad Heritage Weekend featuring model railroad layouts, demonstrations, O/HO Gauge modular setup, railroad related entertainment, food and beverages. Over 100 tables of vendors and model train clubs in a large enclosed building.
Address: Van Wert County Fairgrounds , Van Wert, Ohio
|21 - 23||
- Each year during the last full weekend in July, Wetzel M.C., Inc., holds its annual swap meet and party. People are drawn from across the U.S., Canada, and several foreign countries to enjoy activities like Bike Games, Bike, Shows, and first rate entertainment . Over the past 11 years, the club has given back to the Van Wert Community over $100,000 in donations to fire departments, Visiting Nurses, schools, baseball teams, student scholarship, and various activities for kids.
Address: Wetzel Motorcycle Club , Van Wert, Ohio
|29 - 30||Model Railroad Show & Swap - Show times - Saturday July 30 - 10:00am - 4:00pm - Sunday July 31 - 10:00am - 3:00pm - 100 Plus Vendor Tables - Operating Layouts - Good Food|
|29 - 30||
Crossroads of America Memorial Antique Tractor Ride
- The Van Wert County Historical Society presents the Annual Antique Tractor Ride. This event is open to individuals who own a pre-1970 rubber-tired tractor able to maintain a speed of 10 mph. A free breakfast will be served at Ken-Feld beginning at 7 AM. Tractors will leave Ken-Feld at 9 AM for a trip to as yet a mystery location. There will be informational stops along the way, including a lunch stop.
Address: Kennedy-Kuhn Equipment Company, Corner of US224 and Liberty Union Rd. , Van Wert, Ohio
|3 - 6||U. S. Highway 127 YardSale - The World's Longest Yard Sale - the U. S. 127 Yard Sale, comes to Van Wert the 1st weekend in August. Hundreds of visitors come to search out bargains in antiques, collectibles, farm machinery, automobiles, and every imaginable household item. Yard sale enthusiasts will enjoy beginning their trip here.|
|4 - 5||Annual Van Wert Rib Cook-Off - Come to Van Wert and enjoy a day full of activities including a car show, live entertainment, and the annual Van Wert Rib Cook-Off. Four rib vendors are participating, with trophies awarded by the public, and by a panel of judges. A corn hole tournament and a wiffleball tournament will provide entertainment throughout the day, children's activities, and much more.|
|30 - 4||Van Wert County Fair - We invite you to attend the Annual Van Wert County Fair. Food, entertainment, rides,games, exhibits, animals, horse racing, camping... fun for everyone!|
|13 - 14||
Annual Van Wert County Apple Festival
- Come and enjoy 2 days of free autumn fun. Free entertainment daily with all the apple food you can imagine. There will be outdoor cooking, crafts, exhibits, caramel corn, apple butter making, tacos, apples, cider, pies, apple dumplings, sandwiches, chili and more. Included will be a mile fun run, Gospel music, dance exhibits, glass blowing, and an antique tractor pull.
Friday, 11 am to 9 pm
Saturday, 9 am-5 pm
Address: Van Wert County Fairgrounds, 1055 S. Washington Street , Van Wert, Ohio
Fall Family Fest
- Van Wert Co. Historical Society is sponsoring a eat-in/carry out chicken barbeque along with individuals dressed in period attire in the campus buildings and family fun activities. Dinner will be served from 5-7 pm and activities from 5-9pm. Maybe the "headless horseman" will appear!
Address: 602 North Washington St. , Van Wert, Ohio
- Looking for a spooky, goulish, frightening adventure? Visit the Haunted Forest in Van Wert's Hiestand Woods Park. Walk along a path more than a half mile long, with ghosts of years past, monsters, lighting effects, sounds, and some eerie surprises along the way. This Halloween special event is co-sponsored by the Van Wert City/County DARE program and the Van Wert Jaycees who will share in the proceeds for their special projects. Hiestand Woods Park is located on Ohio Route 116, just east of U. S. 127 next to the Van Wert County Hospital on the south edge of the city.
Address: Hiestand Woods Park, 600 Hospital Drive , Van Wert, Ohio
|24 - 17||Holiday Lights at the Fair - The "Van Wert County Holiday Lights at the Fair" is a drive-through of more than 60 light displays at the Van Wert County Fairgrounds every weekend on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening, 6 - 9 PM. Exhibits are themed around the holidays and are supplied by local businesses, churches and clubs. The Gene Baughman family has also donated many displays. The Baughman family hosted a light show for many years for people to enjoy. Friday after Thanksgiving thru the Saturday before Christmas.|