Upcoming Events in Oakland Nebraska
- June through October. Vegetables, baked goods and homemade foods. Weds & Sat, 9:30am-11:30am.
Address: Veterans' Park Lawn, Oakland Ave & 5th St , Oakland, Nebraska
|24 - 26||
- Biennial - Next Festival, 2009. The Oakland Swedish Festival is one of Nebraska's and the midwest's outstanding ethnic festivals, a 4-time state award winner and nationally acclaimed event with craft show, art show, smorgasbord, food galore, kids' games, concerts, stage shows costumes, top-notch entertainers. A sight to behold--you've got to see it to believe it. (Every odd year, first weekend of June)
Address: Oakland Park , Oakland, Nebraska
Swedish Basketball Classic
- The annual Swedish Basketball Classic, one of Nebraska's best all-star attractions. 2-time state award-winner, featuring top senior basketball players in a 37-school, 12-county region. 3 point finals at 5:30pm; Girls' game at 6 p.m., boys' game at 8 p.m. Half-time entertainment, opening-tip dignitary, 24-second shot clock. Activities at Oakland and in several other area communities, climaxed by doubleheader at the new gym in Oakland.
Address: School Gym , Oakland, Nebraska
|26 - 30||
Burt County Fair
- The annual Burt County Fair is one of the best county fairs around. It features all the old-time favorites, plus new acts yearly, making for outstanding family fun. Concerts, Coronation, Parade, great Food, Demo Derby.
Address: Fairgrounds , Oakland, Nebraska
Community Christmas Festival
- First Sunday - The wonders of Christmas is mixed with small-town ethnic traditions. Swedish heritage Center open house. Climax is Christmas carol sing-along in the evening at the city Auditorium at 7pm.
Address: Downtown , Oakland, Nebraska