Entertainment came of age in Okmulgee as a result of oil money. Okmulgee was home to two Vaudeville theatres, one of which still stands today. The Orpheum Theatre has undergone renovation and features first run movies and special events today.
The Cook Theatre was built by L.H.D. Cook (
The Okmulgee Public Library, organized in 1907 by a local women's civic organization, was incorporated in 1910, and became a department of the City in 1914. The present Library building, the result of $100,000 in bonds voted for library purposes, was dedicated May 27, 1922
Episcopal Church - Built in 1902, the building was originally the home of the Methodist Church and remained so until 1911, when it was purchased by the Episcopal Church for the sum of $2,000. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The heart of Okmulgee is the town square featuring the Creek Council House Museum. Erected in 1878, the museum building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is acknowledged as a National Historic Landmark. The Museum was established in 1923
The Okmulgee County Court House was completed in 1918, with marble walls and floors. The bonds for the court house had been sold to Katie Fixico, a wealthy Creek Indian, whose house has long housed the restaurant known as "The Southern Mansion."