Old Jefferson Town is a collection of nine restored and furnished vintage buildings from different locations around Jefferson County. They are preserved as a historic town of early day settlements. The town was named because of Jefferson County being referred to as Ol' Jefferson.
Originally a country schoolhouse located southeast of Oskaloosa, the Tibbot school was moved to Oskaloosa in the 1950's and became part of the grade school, along with the Lone Tree, Kilgour and Plum Grove country schools. The building was moved to Old Jefferson Town in 1975.