Upcoming Events in Ottawa Kansas
|2 - 3||
KOFO Home & Garden Show
- The KOFO Home & Garden Show features over 50 local vendors showcasing the latest and greatest for your home and garden.
Address: ORC Goppert Building, 15th and Ash , Ottawa, Kansas
Annual Ottawa, Kansas Corvette Show
- FREE TO SPECTATORS
The Annual Ottawa, Kansas Corvette show is open to Corvettes of any year and condition. Registration is $10 at the show only. Pre-registration is not required but requested so we can have a rough estimate of how many to expect. The show will be in the parking lot on the SW corner of 1st & Hickory in Ottawa. It runs from 9-3 and there will be awards, door prizes and a 50/50 pot. For more information, directions, or to request a flier don't hesitate to contact me (John). All proceeds will go to the local Prairie Paws animal shelter.
Address: 402 North Main ---- Carstar parking lot , Ottawa, Kansas
Independence Day Celebration
- Watch an amazing fireworks display at Forest Park at dusk! Bring your lawn chairs and enjoy the evening. The Ottawa City Band will entertain the crowd before the show! 9:00 pm – 10:00 pm.
Address: Forest Park, 600 North Locust Street , Ottawa, Kansas
|11 - 14||
Franklin County Fair & Rodeo
- The county's largest and one of the longest running fairs in Kansas. Livestock and 4-H judging, and youth rodeo begins on Wednesday. Thursday night is the annual community barbecue, and Thursday and Friday, the URA Rodeo. Saturday night caps off the fair with the annual demolition derby. Each day event goers can view exhibits, ride the rides in the Midway, and sample the hearty fair food.
Address: Fairgrounds. , Ottawa, Kansas
|6 - 8||
Power of Past Antique Gas Engine & Tractor Show
- The annual show promises to be the largest ever. Approximately 500 tractors are expected on display for three full days. This show is much more than a gathering of gas engine and tractor enthusiasts, although those are pretty amazing when all the engine are chugging at once! With the passage of time, many of our younger generation have never seen or experienced farm life in its heyday. We're creating a learning experience from this event, where the future meets the past. 16th annual antique engine and tractor show features over 500 on display. Join us in Forest Park, located in Ottawa, Kansas; home of Warner Manufacturing and Union Foundry, a perfect site to see the gas and horse-powered farm implements of the past.
Address: Forest Park , Ottawa, Kansas
|13 - 15||
Ol'Marais River Run & Back to the 60's Cruise Night
- One of the premier car shows in the Midwest, the Old Marais River Run gets bigger every year.
The event begins on Friday evening with an open cruise at Forest Park, giving those who do not meet the 1972 cut-off, the opportunity to be a part of the activities. Saturday is the show and shine portion followed by a 1960s profile cruise in the downtown business district during the event, allowing the throngs of spectators to actually see and hear the show vehicles in motion. Sunday returns to the park and a continuation of the show and shine. A church service is offered for those who wish to attend. The day is capped-off by the awards presentation and the announcement of the major door prize winners.
Our event begins on Friday evening with an open cruise at Forest Park, giving those who do not meet the 1972 cut-off, the opportunity to be a part of the activities.
Saturday is the show and shine portion followed by a 60s profile cruise in the downtown business district, during the event, allowing the throngs of spectators to actually see and hear the show vehicles in motion.
Sunday returns to the park and a continuation of the show and shine. A church service is offered for those who wish to attend. The day is capped-off by the awards presentation and the announcement of the major door prize winners.
The Ol Marais River Run has become a very well-known event and is considered by most past attendees as a MUST-DO! for their show season schedule.
Address: Forest Park , Ottawa, Kansas
|1||Ottawa Veterans Day Celebration - Come celebrate the history of our nation by honoring veterans from all of the 20th century. Annually, the Veterans Day parade is one of the largest in Ottawa (over 150 entries) beginning at 11am. Then join hundreds of people each afternoon in Forest Park for reenactments and battles from the Civil War through Vietnam.|
Annual Homemade Holidays Craft Show
- Each year this sold out show brings the brightest and best crafters together under one roof. Shop 125 booths of quality handmade crafts such as quilts, paintings, jewelry, baked goods and much more. Open from 9AM-4PM and concessions are provided.
Address: Ottawa Middle School, 13th & Ash , Ottawa, Kansas
Ottawa Mayor Tree Lighting
- Celebrate the holiday season with the lighting of the mayor’s tree. 8 PM.
Ph: 785-242-1000 (Always call and confirm events)
|7||Ottawa Christmas Parade & Celebration - Celebrate the holidays in style in Franklin County by attending the annual Christmas parade, Holiday parade of homes, Holidays in Wellsville, Ottawa University vespers and more. Start it off by buying a box of cookies from Faith Lutheran Church where you can choose from thousands of homemade cookies beginning at 8:00am until their gone.|