LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Paden's Place

120 N. Douglas
Ellsworth KS 67439
Ph: 785-472-3643

Attractions and Upcoming Events

The Hodgden House

The Hodgden House, built by Perry Hodgden, was the first private home to rebuild with stone after these fires. It was completed in 1878. The house was restored to its former elegance as one of the grand houses of Ellsworth in 1961.

Ellsworth, KS


Fort Harker Museum Complex/ Kanopolis KS

The Fort Harker Museum is located in Kanopolis Ks. First Established as Fort Ellsworth in 1864 at the juncture of the Smokey Hill River and the Fort Riley/Fort Larned Road on the Smokey Hill Trail, the post was moved from its site by the river and renamed Fort Harker in 1866

Ellsworth, KS Military History

1873 Jail

The old jail is the oldest building in Ellsworth. Earlier jails were temporary structures like cages. At other times, prisoners were housed in private homes. This jail was authorized on April 2 1872, with the lower floor designated as the jail and the upper floor to be used as court rooms. (

Ellsworth, KS Historic Buildings


Things to do near Ellsworth, KS

Delphos Museum

At the present time the Delphos Museum is in the early stage of development. The present building located on the southwest ...

Drug Store Museum

The Drug Store Museum focuses on pharmacy primarily between the years 1880 and 1920. The museum's exhibits include a colle...