LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Paducah, Texas

Paducah was established in 1892 as the county seat of the newly created Cottle County, and was named for Paducah, Kentucky, the home town of the county surveyor and county attorney. In 1893, Paducah consisted of two stores, a schoolhouse, and a saloon that doubled as a church on Sunday. On Christmas Day, 1909, the Quanah, Acme and Pacific RR reached the site and Paducah was incorporated the next year. Today the community serves as a supply and distribution point for the region's petroleum and agribusiness interests.

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Things to do near Paducah, TX

Concho River Pearls

Formed in freshwater mussels, pearls range in color from pink to rich purple. Local jewelers offer variety of settings for th...

Castro County Museum

Housed in the Old Carter House, built in 1909 and moved to five-acre tract just west of the hospital. Features county photos,...

Paradise on the Brazos

Enjoy rock climbing, mountain biking, and tent camping on this 1,000-acre ranch located on the Brazos River just south of tow...

Fort Richardson State Park and Historic Site & Lost Creek Reservoir State Trailway

Most northerly of line of Federal posts established in Texas after Civil War to halt Indian depredations. Among regimental co...

Knox County Museum

Barbed-wire collection and other relics from early settlers on view in county courthouse, which was built in 1936 to replace ...