Built in 1871, this 5 room house with native timbers and 18" thick sandstone walls was the first to be built in Pawhuska. When the Osage were moved from Kansas, Sid Delarue, a Swiss blacksmith, was pr... Blacksmith House
City Hall is located in the building which was the first Osage Tribal Council House. The present stone building, built in 1894, is the second building, as the original was destroyed by fire. The bell in the tower was used to call councilmen to meetings.
The Kennedy Building was once the Citizen's National Bank Building. The building was donated to Osage County in 1976, when National Bank of Commerce moved to it new facility. Osage County renovated the building in 1990
The historic district in Pawhuska is comprised of 98 buildings, 86 of which are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. These two and three-story brick structures, along with a five-story triangle building, provide an impressive tribute to days gone by.