Red Cloud, Nebraska
Upcoming Events in Red Cloud Nebraska
Republican Valley Shooters Club
- April thru August - Trap Shoots at Speed Bowl. Tuesdays, 6:30 p.m. Open to the public.
|30 - 1||
Annual Willa Cather Spring Conference
- The Willa Cather Pioneer Memorial and Educational Foundation (WCPM) sponsors the event, which studies and celebrates the works and times of the Nebraska Pulitzer Prize-winning author. All events are open to the public; owing to demand, registration is required. Registration forms are available by calling, or by email. A tour, panel discussion, banquet and entertainment are typical. Other educational seminars and workshops are sponsored by the Foundation in cooperation with the University of Nebraska-Lincoln or University of Nebraska-Kearney.
Independent antique, art, and quilt shows run concurrently in Red Cloud during the festival, and are open to the public without prior arrangement.
Stock Tank Float Races - Republican River
- Over 400 participants enjoy the Annual Republican River Tank Float. Registration Begins at 10:00 AM.
Tank Float Race Starts at 1:00 PM and Ends at 5:00 PM.
|2 - 4||
Street Car Days
- Enjoy Red Cloud's annual end-of-the-summer celebration which begins on Friday evening and continues through Sunday afternoon.
Saturday brings fun for all ages, all day long, beginning with the mid-morning parade and continuing through the evening with a barbecue (sponsored and cooked by the RC Fire Department-free will donations) and dances. Live entertainment in the park also runs through the afternoon and into the early evening.
Other events and activities include: couples’ softball, golf, tall corn contest, face painting & sidewalk chalk art, ice cream social, art exhibits at the Red Cloud Opera House Gallery, car show, burnout contest, tractor show, Inflatable games, race car simulator, free swimming, bingo, kid's fishing contest, soap box derby, pet parade, karaoke, beer garden, dance, fly-in pancake breakfast, Broken Horn Ranch Fun Day, food and craft vendors, and much, much more!
|3||Street Car Days Car Show - Car show held during the Annual Street Car Days town celebration, 1 - 4:30 PM.|
|7||September Fest - Chili and grilling cook-off, games and evening country music concert.|
|4 - 6||
Heritage Highway Trail of Treasures
- A three days of sales in businesses, garage & yard sales in 16 towns over 15 counties in South Central Nebraska. Located along Heritage Highway Byway 136 and surrounding areas. Held each year during the First Weekend in October.
Ph: 888-404-1315 (Always call and confirm events)
|24 - 30||
Red Cloud's Annual Old-Fashioned Christmas
- You are invited to be guests in Red Cloud for any or all of Red Cloud's Old-Fashioned Christmas.
On Sunday welcome to the Christmas Soup Supper sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce. Proceeds from the super are donated the charitable organizations in the community to be used at Christmas time.
Then, during the last week of November and the first week of December, Red Cloud residents get in the holiday spirit when the street crews bring out the boom truck and begin stringing lights across the street and hanging the big ornamental bells from lamp posts. The Red Cloud Street Car wears a banner which welcomes people to town and the brightly decorated sign on the gazebo in the city park wishes everyone a happy holiday. The eaves of the gazebo are festooned with garlands, bows, and lights which make an exceptionally pretty picture at night. An old-time setting decorated with pine boughs and set in the gazebo gives an air of authenticity to the season.
Merchants give generously of their time by keeping their shops open extra hours for the benefit of those coming to shop, and much to the delight of the little people:
Santa pays several visits in December.
The Webster County Museum decorates in a style befitting a bygone era. A "Festival of Trees" is fast becoming the highlight of the year for the county. Beautifully decorated trees done by clubs, churches, organizations and individuals brighten the holidays. They are shown in the Exhibit Hall on the Museum grounds.
|30 - 8||
Annual Festival of Trees
- The Webster County Historical Museum hosts the Annual Festival of Trees from the 1st Saturday of December through the 2nd Sunday of December from 1-6 p.m. daily. There are 20 or more trees on display, as well as decorated tables and displays. Each tree, table or display is done by an individual, organization, church, school class or the museum. Admission is by free will donation. Cookies and Coffee are served in the museum's mansion.
Address: 721 W. 4th Ave , Red Cloud, Nebraska