Roaring Springs, Texas
Roaring Springs, in Motley County, was named for Indian campground nearby on the Tongue River with natural, pure water springs and waterfall. A section of land purchased by the Quanah, Acme and Pacific Railroad from the Matador Land and Cattle Co. was platted in 1912, in anticipation of railroad construction. Lots were sold by the railroad, and in 1913, when the railroad line reached the site, it was named Roaring Springs by the Post Office. Economy is still based on ranching (livestock) operations along with crop farming with cotton, wheat, and grain sorghums.
Thacker Jewelry manufactures jewelry sold world-wide. Stop by for a visit and tour.