Robert Lee, Texas
In Central Coke County, the town of Robert Lee was promoted as a townsite in 1889 by L.S. Harris and R.E. Cartlege, Confederate veterans who named the site for Robert E. Lee. In 1891, the county seat was moved from Haywick to Robert Lee, and most of the settlers from the former seat of government moved to the new community. Today, Robert Lee is the trade center for the area whose economy is based on farm and ranching, oil, gas, and various light industries.
Recreational activities include facilities at E.V. Spence Reservoir a mile outside the city. Other activities include a nine-hole Mountain Creek Golf Course, county parks, and seasonal hunting.