LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Rose Hill Historical Marker


category : Historical Markers
Rose Hill Historical Marker One time noted plantation home of Col. Robert M. Jones, wealthiest Choctaw owner of 500 slaves. A Southern leader, he served as delegate from Choctaw Nation to the Confederate Congress at Richmond, VA. Baptist Mission of \"Providence\" nearby, closed about 1843, was acquired by Jones and converted into his Rose Hill estate.

-Oklahoma Historical Marker


Address: Outside Hugo, OK

Come visit us in Hugo, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

"Circus City USA"

To circus fans Hugo, Oklahoma is known as "Circus City USA" because it is winter quarters for three of America's largest Circuses: Carson & Barnes, Kelly-Miller & Culpepper-Merryweather. Hugo's Mount Olivet Cemetery is internationally famous for its Showman'

Hugo, OK Animal Parks

Rose Hill Historical Marker

One time noted plantation home of Col. Robert M. Jones, wealthiest Choctaw owner of 500 slaves. A Southern leader, he served as delegate from Choctaw Nation to the Confederate Congress at Richmond, VA. Baptist Mission of \"Providence\" nearby, closed about 1843

Hugo, OK Historical Markers

Goodland Academy - Presbyterian Children's Home

The oldest continuously operated Christian children's home in America, Goodland is located two miles south of Hugo. Operated by the Presbyterian Church, the home continues to enrich the lives of young men who are residents of the school. The Church building served for 42

Hugo, OK Historic Schoolhouses

Frisco Depot Museum

The Frisco Depot Museum built in 1914 is the third largest depot on Frisco rail lines in Oklahoma. The museum was formed when the Choctaw County Historical Society obtained control of the Frisco Depot and began its restoration in 1978

Hugo, OK Museums

Chainsaw Sculpture at The Village Inn

The Chainsaw Sculpture at the Village Inn was carved in 2007, from a dead Live Oak Tree, by well known chainsaw sculptor Clayton Coss. The sculpture depicts a 10

Hugo, OK Arts

Things to do Historical Markers near Hugo, OK