The Rush County Courthouse was constructed in 1888 following a "tug-of-war" for the county seat. The building is now listed in the National Register of Historical Places. The first phases of a restoration project have been recently completed with the dedication of the newly renovated second floor courtroom. Windows on the first floor were restored with assistance of a Preservation Trust Grant through the Kansas State Historical Society. Restoration of offices on the second floor is now under way.
Come visit us in La Crosse, Kansas